Open since 2016, Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs™ is a Mexican restaurant by seven-time winner of the James Beard Foundation Award, Chef Rick Bayless.
Frontera Cocina will delight friends, family and food-lovers with exciting flavors and a contemporary Mexican experience. Warm colors, an open kitchen and a lively atmosphere frame an inviting exploration of the many delights from our kitchen.
ADVANCED CULINARY is primarily responsible for the preparation and presentation of food items as well as the cleaning and maintenance of kitchen areas and equipment. Food must be prepared to the highest quality and done so following all Company and food safety guidelines. A thorough understanding of food preparation techniques and food safety guidelines is necessary to be successful.
WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of one year of culinary experience and/or culinary education
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a high-volume kitchen environment preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain a State of Florida Food Safety Certificate
- Must be well versed in food safety - including proper holding temperatures, cooking temperatures, date marking procedures, cleaning and sanitizing procedures etc.
- Must be skilled in food preparation and cooking techniques – including knife skills, sautéing, grilling, braising, baking, frying etc.
- Must be able to read and follow recipes to completion
- Must be fluent in the English language
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to stand, be mobile and perform repetitive tasks for up to 4 consecutive hours
- Must be able to lift equipment/food up to 50 pounds
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to arrive for all assigned shifts on-time
- Must be able to comply with “Disney Look” and company appearance guidelines
- Prepare all food items according to recipe and food safety guidelines
- Document food safety procedures through daily logs
- Set up and break down kitchen stations
- Clean and sanitize kitchen areas and equipment
- Safely and properly operate food preparation equipment
- Receive food shipments and properly store food items
- Follow the Disney 4-Keys Basics and Service Basics at all times
- All other tasks as assigned
This position is located at Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs - Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Advanced Knife Handling
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Rick Bayless Restaurants
Frontera Cocina is the newest Mexican restaurant by renowned Chef Rick Bayless in Disney Springs.
Frontera Cocina delights friends, family, and food-lovers with exciting flavors and a contemporary Mexican experience. Warm colors, an open kitchen, and a lively atmosphere offer an inviting exploration of the culinary creations by the winner of six James Beard Foundation awards, Chef Rick Bayless.