The Roots division is the fastest growing division within the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group with an additional location in 2021. There are strong operating partners and leadership within this division; it is a good place to learn and be mentored while working your way towards being the executive chef at one of our new locations.
• Set up and stock stations with all necessary mise en place.
• Answer, report, and follow instructions from executive chef and/or kitchen managers.
• Prepare food for service.
• Cook menu items with the rest of the kitchen staff.
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers.
• Ensure that food comes out simultaneously with high quality and in a timely manner.
• Comply with nutrition and allergy regulations and standards.
• Help with preparation.
• Must pass/take a Food Handlers Certificate within two weeks of hire date.
• Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
• Complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning.
Managing food cost and labor cost are essential parts of these positions' responsibilities.
• Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 10 hours or as needed.
• Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed.
• Be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
• Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
• Work in both warm and cool environments
• Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
• Returning unused items after service to the correct inventory location, or storing cooked goods for use at another service.
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
• At least 18 years old.
• Have a minimum of 1 year line cook experience
• Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures.
• Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently.
• Ability to work in high volume environments.
• Ability to work early morning hours or late evening hours.
• Ability to work consistent schedule 5 days per week.
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, and how to use kitchen equipment.
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 15 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Quarterly Bonus, Paid Time Off, Paid Cell Phone, 401k, plus other perks
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Cost Optimization
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Pizza, Salads / Sandwiches / Soups, Breakfast / Brunch
Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Roots is a relaxed pizzeria & bar featuring thin, malted crust pies & an all-Midwestern beer list. Roots is the second concept from the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group and there are currently two locations.