- Candidates will be responsible for building a culture based around Teamwork, Execution and Fun. They will be participating in all day to day operations and operating with a strong sense balance. We are looking for passionate industry professionals.
- Should have at least 1 year of full-service, high volume experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Is able to communicate positively and efficiently
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Respectful and remains calm under pressure
- Is organized, efficient and able to maintain a clean work environment
- Must have a great sense of hospitality and understand how it impacts on our business
- MUST have morning weekend availability (8AM to 4PM on weekends and holidays)
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning,
- operating the cash register, answering the phone, providing great customer service, and following Fifty/50 Restaurant Group policies & procedures
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
Food Safety Knowledge
Food Handlers Certificate
Basic Floor Service
Classic Food / Wine Service
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Farm To Table
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Homestead On The Roof — our cozy rooftop restaurant— is tucked away above Roots Handmade Pizza & features farm-fresh seasonal fare in its dinner, desserts, and hand-crafted cocktails from Executive Chef Jesse Badger.
Esoteric and small-production wines by the bottle and glass, a rotating craft beer list, and a tightly curated 100-bottle spirits list rounds out the Homestead beverage program.
Homestead sports an 85-seat outdoor rooftop patio sits next to its 3,000 square foot organic rooftop garden, two massive, vertical hanging gardens, and dozens of planter boxes, all filled with vegetables, fruits, and herbs. Homestead also has a 65-seat indoor, enclosed second story space which is open year round for private events.
Homestead is also one of Chicago’s premier off-site catering companies serving restaurant-quality, impressively plated dinners at event venues throughout Chicago.
Executive Pastry Chef