Job Title: Baker
Location: GGET Commissary Kitchen
Classification: Hourly, Part-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Commissary Manager
About the Company
At Go Get Em Tiger (GGET) and G&B Coffee, we are a collection of baristas, roasters, chefs, bakers, general managers, product developers, quality control experts, storytellers and more who have dedicated ourselves to creating innovative and memorable coffee experiences. Founded in 2012 by Kyle Glanville and Charles Babinski, we have deep roots in the specialty coffee industry and in our founding city of Los Angeles. GGET is all about the team powering these memorable coffee experiences and the community that has formed around our outposts.
About this job
As a Baker in the GGET Commissary Kitchen you will be responsible for the creation of our delicious house made pastries and treats. You will prep ingredients, mix doughs and batters, and perform daily bake offs of house made pastry. You will work with fresh, seasonal ingredients that are delivered daily to our various cafes. You will also contribute to other aspects of the commissary operations as necessary. You will keep a clean and tidy kitchen and carry out your daily task list with dazzling efficiency.
What will I do?
- Execute all aspects of bakery & commissary preparation in an organized, efficient manner.
- Be positive and honest
- Extend excellent hospitality to all coworkers
- Hustle, as a matter of principle
- Make delicious and beautiful pastries for our guests.
- Maintain station and general kitchen cleanliness.
- Mix batter and roll dough.
- Accurately measure ingredients.
- Perform morning bake-off an an organized and efficient manner.
- Prepare pastry orders for the morning delivery.
- Assist with other aspects of commissary operation, including drink/food ingredient preparation.
Am I qualified?
- You share our passion for coffee, food, and hospitality
- You have work experience in a high-volume, quality-driven pastry/baking environment
- You want to a part of a team that works hard and wants to do things the right way
- You posses solid baking skills, knife skills, and overall kitchen proficiency
- You have some relevant pastry experience and a willingness to learn
- You can do basic math
- You have availability for weekends and overall schedule flexibility
- You are available for early morning shifts
- You are able to perform all aspects of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have a CA Food Handler’s Certification or the willingness to attain one within 30 days of hire
Some reasons you might like working here:
- We offer medical, dental and vision coverage to all employees
- One free bag of coffee per week
- Free drinks while you work
- One free drink per day when you don’t work and discounts on food and merch
- We are a team of passionate individuals who care deeply about what we do
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Health, dental, vision benefits
Breakfast / Brunch, Salads / Sandwiches / Soups
Bakery / Patisserie, Cafe
Part of Go Get Em Tiger
Go Get Em Tiger was originally conceived as a place that was not quite as experimental as its sister shop, G&B, but over time our brand has defined itself naturally by the ways coffee, food, and community intersect fluidly. In our cafes, you’ll see the same faces day in and day out, eating delicious, innovative food and drinking world-class coffee that is accessible and convenient. And while we can’t bring you the food and the faces over the internet—we can bring you the coffee, expertise, and enthusiasm behind them.
At our commissary kitchen, you'll be an integral part of the whole operation. These are the heroes of the company, who wake up at the crack of dawn (or before) to prepare our delicious pastries, nut milks, syrups, sauces, and all of the delicious things that make it all possible.