High Volume Events Space Now Hiring Restaurant Event and Private Dining Sales/Marketing Manager - Intro Pay is Commission Only
The Event Sales and Marketing is the main point of contact for group and private dining sales and events. They are responsible for promoting and marketing the restaurant by building business relationships, booking group and private dining events, and manage a referral program following the marketing plan which maximizes revenues. The Events Sales and Marketing Manager will also be responsible for the execution of private dining events from start to finish.
- Delegate Responsible for all functions from organization to execution.
- Manage private dining events and ensure excellence in guest satisfaction through effective training and supervision of co-workers assigned to the event.
- Driving and increasing sales including generating new business and maintaining contact with present accounts.
- Work pipeline of inquiries and Manage business on the books successfully, prospects, tentative and definite bookings.
- Identify qualifying business potential, closing business, overcoming objections, negotiating, upselling and understanding the client’s needs.
- Handle contracts, negotiations, deposits and final payment of events including account reconciliations as needed.
- Create floor plans, custom menus, and general event outlines to present to clients.
- Coordinate and complete Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and update BEOs as needed.
- Communicate BEOs on a regular basis with FOH and BOH management teams.
- Work with management team to ensure proper scheduling of co-workers for events.
- Review menu and wine/beverage selections with GM, Executive Chef to ensure food and beverage are ordered.
- Communicate effectively with team to ensure, equipment (such as Audio Visual, power cords, etc.), dinnerware, stemware and glassware, are available for the event and that the setup of rooms (BEOs) are disseminated and executed accordingly.
- With the General Manager, review Event Sales budget, along with weekly/monthly/quarterly goals to achieve financial goals.
- As needed, assist with taking restaurant phone calls and reservations
- Keep detailed, current calendar of events (event name, location, # people, time) in Tripleseat
- Phones – make calls to contacts, take lead calls, work to solicit new group business, work with clients on menus, event details
- As needed – assist with restaurant duties such as deliveries, phone calls, and attending to guests on the floor
- Open Table – familiarization with reservation book, restaurant floor plan, and past history to maximize business opportunities * Develop and use a Customer Relationship Management system including follow up procedures and database management
- Maintain goal of creating positive guest experiences every day in the restaurant
- Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits in restaurant
- Act as event sales team leader and primary contact/liaison for event sales with FOH/Operations/Marketing Teams to coordinate/resolve any issues or other projects
Position will be required to work a varied schedule that reflects the events’ schedules and may include days, nights and weekends. It is expected that a sales person will be present to greet every client/event – once the event is up and running (approx 30-60 min), if everything is running well, the event can be turned over to event captain. If it is not possible to greet an event, the client and management team will be informed prior to the event, so there is no confusion on point of contact. All salaried employees strive to complete their work in 55 -60 hours per week; a minimum of 50 hours is required. Due to varied events’ schedules and offsite events, some long days or “double shifts” may be required. This position is based in the restaurant. A minimum of 65% of your time should be spent in the venue, with the other 35% of your time spent actively selling at outside sales events – such as networking events, offsite sales meetings, tradeshows, etc. If no outside sales events are scheduled, additional time will be required in the venue to be available for tours, tastings, answering questions about group events, and assisting with onsite sales and marketing duties and restaurant floor time. Event Sales Manager should maintain a presence in the venue as the face of the restaurants, and should be a recognizable person to guests, staff, and clients. Responding to emails and voicemails at home is also expected to ensure quick response time, and high quality of service for all potential clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Exceptional people skills, must be able to interact with a diverse array of clients and guests.
- Demonstrate positive supervision and leadership abilities to motivate co-workers to meet and exceed guest service standards.
- Passion for hospitality and guest service excellence.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Shows confidence, energy, and enthusiasm with a professional, clean appearance, and a friendly, helpful, approachable demeanor.
- Well versed in all processes and positions (FOH and BOH).
- Satisfactory physical and mental health to perform the requirements of the job, and to work with the public in compliance with applicable foodservice health and safety regulations.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the assigned position with or without reasonable accommodation, and within company policy.
- High degree of flexibility and the ability to manage multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and guests.
- Knowledge of the sales process.
- Capable of multi-tasking, leading and communicating with others, able to express and exchange ideas in spoken and written English in an above average manner.
- Working knowledge of basic computer operations and associated software applications required to accomplish job responsibilities.
- Strong math skills.
- Demonstrate outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Must exhibit the highest level of professionalism in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be able to work weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Willingness to work an 11-12-hour day.
- Possession of food certifications as required by local, state and federal law.
Must be able to operate or use the following: computer, printer, copier, calculator, telephone and writing utensils. Requires good vision and hearing (with corrections is okay). Position requires sitting, handling, eye-hand coordination, walking, standing, stooping, and kneeling. This position will be required to assist with conference set up and exhibiting and/or event execution, which may require the lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing of approximately 21—50 pounds – including, but not limited to tables, chairs, chafers, plates, catering equipment, boxes of menus, collateral, signage, etc. – as well as being on feet for extended periods of time, possibly up to 12+ hours. Office days may also require sitting in an office environment for 8-10 hours to accomplish sales and administrative tasks.
- 5+ years of current Restaurant Catering/Event Sales Management experience in an Upscale or Fine Dining environment
- High volume experience; must have Catering/Event Sales Management experience in restaurants doing over $1-2 million in sales annually
- Strong connection of contacts in the [CITY] market is necessary for this position
- Outside sales experience required
Computer Skills: Basic familiarity with computers, POS systems (Micros) scheduling software, Tripleseat and any department specific systems in use.
Education: Some college or culinary education beneficial.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Aggressive Commission and Commensurate Pay Scale
Intro Pay is High Commission
New American, European, Mediterranean
Fulton Market Kitchen is a portal of collective creativity, integrating various art mediums and styles with imaginative cocktails and cuisine to create a new experience for Chicago’s evolving culture.
Inspired by the 1980s NYC art scene and the Wynwood Walls in Miami, Fulton Market Kitchen offers guests the rare opportunity to enjoy dining, drinking, and the work of incredible artists in a single, truly unique setting.
Chef Chris Curren's refined, Mediterranean-inspired dishes offer seasonal presentations with ingredients sourced from regional farms, local markets and our neighbors along Fulton Market Street.