Gurney’s Resorts are luxury, full-service hotels found at premier travel destinations. Our waterfront havens provide year-round lodging in Montauk, New York, and Newport, Rhode Island. All locales feature well-appointed accommodations, waterfront dining, sumptuous spas, sparkling pools, expansive grounds, and thousands of square feet of indoor and outdoor event space for weddings and a wide range of other occasions. While offering a sense of seclusion and serenity, our resorts are centrally located to abundant attractions and activities. Completing the experience is the kind of personalized service today’s savvy travelers expect.
Gurney's Montauk Resort and Gurney's Star Island Resort & Marina are looking for hotel front desk agents to join our customer service team.
The Front Desk Agent is to provide prompt and efficient service to our guests at the Front Desk.
- Responsible for the process of checking our guests in and out
- Posting daily charges
- Posting payments including check, cash or credit cards
- Accept maintenance fees when applicable
- Answering phones and transferring phone calls
- Providing information to the guest about the resort and the area
- Working closely with Housekeeping and Reservation department to ensure rooms are assigned and cleaned/inspected on time
- Maintain all common areas of the Front Desk in neat condition
- Attend training sessions
- Ensuring all reservations have rooms assigned and that routing is set up properly
- Adjusting folio charges when necessary
- Handling guest complaints
- May be required to perform additional departmental duties as assigned
- Answer the emergency telephone and serve as the Emergency Communications Center as the priority during any emergency
- Direct Emergency Responders to emergency scenes as necessary
- Assist in Emergency Evacuation
- Lend assistance to Security Officers and Emergency Responders when possible
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: Open. Must be able to communicate in English
Experience: Previous Front Desk or service experience is a plus
Skills and Abilities: Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Strong Communication Skills
Strong Customer Service Skills
American, Comfort Food, Buffet, Desserts, Burgers, Gluten Free, Breakfast / Brunch, Pizza, Salads / Sandwiches / Soups, French, Italian, Seafood
Resort / Lodge, Bakery / Patisserie, Cafe, Bar / Lounge, Fine Dining, Restaurant Group, Bed & Breakfast, Full Service Hotel, Luxury Hotel, Banquet Hall
Part of Gurney's Resorts