Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
As a Kitchen Mechanic, you would be responsible for maintaining the physical functionality and safety of the hotel's kitchen equipment and machinery in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Maintain, monitor, repair and conduct routine preventive maintenance to ensure the safe and efficient operation of kitchen equipment and machinery
* Conduct scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance
* Perform equipment repairs
* Record and report completed repairs in log book or property management system
* Respond to team member work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, safety and training programs of Atelier Ace.
* Monitor and track equipment on a daily basis by job site, type and use.
* Maintain a dispatch board or log sheet.
* Inspect equipment on a regular basis to comply with company safety policies.
* Demonstrate effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills to enhance the correct repair on the first call.
* Effectively manage time and resources to control costs, enhance efficiencies, and meet commitments.
* Build strong customer relationships through excellent communication and technical abilities.
* Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
* Assist in developing and implementing plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets, in a safe and acceptable state of repair.
* Attend appropriate technical and manufacturer training.
* Obtain additional licenses and certifications as appropriate.
* Train team members and peers on best practice methods of service.
* Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the manufacturer's preventative maintenance programs.
* Actively participate in energy conservation programs per resort standards.
* Address all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure that problems are identified and corrected on a daily basis and in a timely manner.
* Assist in developing financial forecasts and participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings when requested.
* Assist in special projects when requested.
* Assist in scheduling preventative maintenance tasks.
* Be knowledgeable of policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair, consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
* Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, and county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the associates and guests.
* Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, and county and municipal regulations that pertain to equipment safety, inspections, and yearly inspection with all authorities.
* Provide advice and suggestions to the Maintenance Director as needed.
* Participate in the Daily Promise line-up meetings.
* Assist and serve as focal point for audits and inspections by outside agencies.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Possess mechanical & electrical skills; able to read wiring diagrams & schematics
* General knowledge of the principles and practices of hotel operations helpful.
* Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards
* Good understanding of basic math and financial information
* Aptitude in using appropriate tools
* Good basic math skills
* Knowledge of work safety and OSHA regulations
* Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure situations, including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
* Must be able to adapt to a broad range of customer interactions, inquiries, and complaints.
* Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
Must be able to work in warm/humid settings and hot/humid weather for indoor and outdoor environments.
The Associate is required to constantly stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch. Constantly required reach and grasp. The Associate must frequently lift, carry, push and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Excellent dexterity is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with various work hours and days, based on business needs. This position regularly requires evening, weekend and holiday work.
Education, Experience and Licensing
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or related field helpful.
Previous hospitality or related experience required
Refrigeration or HVAC: 3 years
Commercial Cooking Equipment: 3 years
Valid Driver License and clean driving record required.
EPA Refrigerant License required.
Current TDLR Registered or Certified Technician Card required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Kalahari Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off
Part of Ace Hotel New Orleans