- You assist in overseeing the overall running of the pastry department team,
- Ensure sanitaition and safety protocols are in place and followed,
- Perform and record daily health checks for reporting team members
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas
- Support labor cost management
- Participate in creating menu items using a variety cooking techniques and ingredients.
- 3-5 years of professional bread baking/pastry experience preferred.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent level of education, preferred. (Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure)
- A Culinary Degree is preferred.
- Food Handlers Safety Certificate Preferred
- Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the restaurant in a timely basis.
- Must have manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must to reach, bend, stoop, and stretch. Can frequently lift up to 30 pounds, as well as work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
Respect for our team, guests, partners, purveyors and our environment.
Empowering our staff to think and act on their own with a Sense of Urgency.
Prideourselves in providing generous hospitality, distinctive cuisine and exceptional service.
Mentor, we encourage personal and professional Development.
Embrace the daily challenge, and have fun. We are all in this together!
Other jobs you might be interested in
Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual, Casual Dining
Part of INVEST HOSPITALITY
Leonelli Taberna is a Roman-inspired trattoria, cocktail bar, and lounge from Chef Jonathan Benno, located in the historic The Evelyn hotel. The rustic Italian cuisine served at Leonelli draws from Chef Benno’s earliest food memories, his extensive travels through Italy, and his professional experience honing the craft of traditional culinary methods. The beverage program blends the best of Italian drinking culture with the local flair of New York City and State’s artisan producers.
LEONELLI FOCACCERIA E PASTICCERIA
Leonelli Focacceria is an Italian bakery and cafe. Inspired by iconic shops such as Roscioli in Rome, the team works the “old way,” using techniques often sacrificed in favor of time or ease of production. Flour for the focaccia dough is milled in-house; cannoli are filled to order; quality is never compromised. Open from morning to early evening, the bakery offers an array of pastries, focaccias, salads, sandwiches, coffee, and more.
CHEF JONATHAN BENNO
Considered one of the top chefs in the country, and recognized for his dedication to quality and craftsmanship, Jonathan Benno’s career spans more than three decades, having worked in some of the world’s finest restaurants including Daniel, Per Se, and Lincoln Ristorante.