Since 1996, Delaware North Sportservice has partnered with Bridgestone Arena to provide memorable and unforgettable guest experiences. From the hundreds of thousands of Nashville Predators fans that stream through the doors every season, to the legions of guests that experience the concerts, basketball games, and other special events Bridgestone Arena has to offer, all of our guests receive the excellent customer service and GuestPath standards that Sportservice is known for.
Sportservice offers a variety of options for every guest – from Asian stir fry or barbecue, to hamburgers, hot dogs, and popcorn, to the range of gourmet items served in our All-Inclusive Clubs. So whether it’s a sold-out hockey game, a major concert, or a nationally televised awards show, Sportservice excels at providing the finest in traditional concessions and gourmet dining.The Opportunity
Job Title: Cook
Job Code(s): 1442
Job Family: Restaurant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Unit Name: Smoky Mountain Sportservice
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Pay Range: $13.00 per hour
Shift/Hours Required: Varies
Age Requirement (if applic): 18 years Old
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Reviews assigned station, checks stock, and replenishes to meet par levels
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Rotates to other areas when needed
- Reports to work scheduled events on a timely basis
· Performs other duties assigned
Education & Experience:
- High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus
- Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath’s Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions
- Basic culinary fundamentals of hot and cold foods
- Maintains good personal hygiene in a clean and complete uniform
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment – noise levels may be moderate to high
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- May be required to work overtime on short notice
*All positions require you to successfully complete an annual pre-employment background check.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity EmployerWho We Are
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Delaware North
Delaware North Sportservice at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville offers a variety of options for Nashville Predators fans and other guests – from Asian stir fry or barbecue, to hamburgers, hot dogs, and popcorn, to the range of gourmet items served in its DEX All-Inclusive Zone and Cumberland 501 Club. Whether it’s a sold-out hockey game, a major concert, or a nationally televised awards show, Sportservice excels at providing the finest in traditional concessions and gourmet dining at Bridgestone Arena.
In January 2014, Bridgestone Arena opened Tavern ’96, its first year-round restaurant and bar with a public entrance at the Nissan SoBro south entrance. Located across from the new Music City Center convention hall, Tavern ’96 has created a new location for conventioneers to dine during events such as the CMA Music Fest and Nashville’s Music City July 4th celebration.
See more at: https://www.delawarenorth.com/venues/bridgestone-arena-nhl-nashville-predators#sthash.oz4GzWNg.dpuf