Steadfast Restaurant is growing, and we are looking for a dynamic individual with uncanny guest recognition skills, who can think on their feet and takes a genuine interest in the guest experience. A Maître D, who enjoy being around people and working with a supportive team. A true hospitality professional who is about to read a room, maintain proper cover counts and improvise when necessary. Steadfast Restaurant is a fast-paced establishment with great food, craft cocktails, wine list and a cool neighborhood atmosphere. We are a fun place to work and a great place to start a new career.
Candidates will be responsible for building a culture based around Teamwork, Execution and Fun. They will be participating in all day to day operations and operating with a strong sense balance. Being a presence at the host stand that our customers feel welcomed and can become familiar with. We are looking for passionate industry professionals.
- Should have at least 3 years of full-service, high volume experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Open Table experience
- Can communicate positively and efficiently
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Respectful and remains calm under pressure
- Is organized, efficient and able to maintain a clean work environment
- Must have a great sense of hospitality and understand how it impacts on our business
- Willing to help build regulars and assist with community outreach programs
- Being present at the host stand
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning,
- Following Fifty/50 Restaurant Group policies & procedures
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- work morning, mid and evening hours
- work weekends
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 14 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about all our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Event Management / Organization
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Experience in a High Volume Environment
OpenTable or other
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, American, Farm To Table
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Steadfast is a chef-driven, upscale restaurant project from the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group located in the heart of the booming financial district at 120 West Monroe. Steadfast will be located in one of Chicago's treasured historic landmarks which is being redeveloped into the Gray Hotel.
Hyper-Seasonal cuisine is offered with Old and New World influences, along with in-house charcuterie and a bread and pastry program. Paired alongside a progressive cocktail priogram from beverage director Benjamin Schiller and a Sommelier driven wine program helmed by Benjamin Meyer the GM and their team of up and coming Sommeliers.
Steadfast will be built around a culture Engaging Hospitality, Excellent Service and a Warm Atmosphere.