Property: Project in Downtown Chicago
Job Title: Bar Manager / Bartender
POSITION SUMMARY: The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group in Chicago is looking for a Bar Manager. The bar concept and culture will be anchored and driven by the professional who holds this position.
This candidate's organization and prioritization to service must be strong. S/he will manage our guests' expectations while directing the Apprentice Bartenders towards executing a flawless service.
This candidate must hold themself and their teammates to the highest standards of service excellence.
- Create cocktails and bar menu direction.
- Continuosly be researching and developing new cocktails.
- Manage Liquor, Beer and Wine Inventories creating vehicles to utilize extraneous spirits.
- A Day One responsibility towards growing and evolving the concept.
- Has complete knowledge and displays mastery of any sprit brand behind the bar, structure of the cocktail menu (ingredients, method of presentation of specialty cocktails and standard cocktails), classic cocktails, all wines by the glass, all non-alcoholic beverages, specifications, and allergies
- Has full knowledge and can discuss all areas of the bar, concept, and inspiration
- Actively participate and lead in pre-service meetings
- Knows and executes the service guidelines
- Greet guests in a positive, friendly manner with eye contact and intention
- Consistently follow and teach the sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures and techniques within this concept.
- Must work as a team and pro-actively assist all employees in servicing guest needs with a controlled sense of urgency
- Provides other service staff direction and coaching to ensure proper operation of the bar, concept, and assist them when necessary.
- Trains new bartenders and bar back when necessary.
- Mix and Serve drinks following standardized recipes for specialty cocktails well as classics at the bar counter, service bar, and tableside
- Sell and suggest premium and top shelf product, as well as specialty cocktails.
- Provides food service as needed.
- Ensure correct product is utilized.
- Rings beverages that are poured or served, collects payment, and follows all cash handling and variance procedures, including preparing daily reports and submitting appropriate paperwork.
- Cleaning of all equipment, tools, and supplies and maintain equipment in good working order.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the bar.
- Re-fill batch bottles, juices, syrups, ice coolers, garnish trays, straws and napkins.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet.
- Anticipate the guests’ needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Bid farewell to guests, using guest’s name when known, and encourage them to return.
- Work as a “Team”, assisting all guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
- Maintain a level of professionalism that will make guests want to return but still help create a party.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, keeping bank secure at all times.
- Keep count on tickets and perform cash drops at the end of the shift.
- Communicate with Managers, Co-Workers and Guests in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Resolves guest complaints and leads the team in how to address and satisfy our guests' needs and things the guest doesn't know they need.
- Performs other restaurant duties as requested by management.
- Provides other service staff direction and coaching to ensure proper operation of the bar and assist them when necessary.
- Guides the production of syrups, infusions and garnishes.
- Participates in service/culinary education sessions
- Follow uniform and appearance standards
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a fine dining restaurant as Head Bartender, Bar Manager, or Beverage Director at a publically recognized, world class bar concept as defined by a national or international publication.
- This position will require you to be behind the bar at least 4 nights per week while developing your team and protege.
- A highly motivated and energetic personality
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- A strong commitment to excellence in hospitality
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts and team members.
- Working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance..
The Fifty/50 Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act,The Fifty/50 Group will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Salary + Tips, Paid Vacation, 401k, Subsidized Health Insurance, Meal Allowances, etc
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Other jobs you might be interested in
Upscale Casual, Restaurant Group
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is a fast-growing, highly professional and motivated group with 13 current restaurants and more planned for 2018 & 2019.
To learn more about our group, visit www.thefifty50group.com