We are the third restaurant from chef Ignacio Mattos, located in Marcel Breuer’s iconic building presently occupied by the Metropolitain Museum. http://www.florabarnyc.com/ We have great opportunity here- reach out if you are interested in our team!
Our menu offerings are wide-ranging, internationally influenced, and change often.
Those sucessful in the Server role with us are motivated team players with strong knowledge of, and a serious interest in hospitality, service, food, and beverages.
- Providing engaging and attentive service to all guests
- Upholding dedication to focused work and customer satisfaction
- Professionally hosting guests throughout their meal, and their experience with us
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the restaurant and its adherence to NYC health codes
- Performing all other standard server duties as instructed
- 2 years of experience in an upscale restaurant
- available to work on both Saturdays and Sundays
- passionate and knowledgeable about food, wine, beer, and spirits
- an ability to learn and adapt quickly
- enthusiasm for our offerings and service
- sucessfully study for, and perform well on food, wine and service testing
- a positive, customer service-oriented attitude
- excellent communication skills
- great attention to detail
- the ability to lift 40 pounds, and to navigate various floor surfaces,
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes health insurance, dining discounts and commuter benefits
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Constantly changing, developing and evolving menus and tasting
- Ongoing training sessions and classes on wine and food
Flora Bar via Matter-House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status, partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Server Minimum wage plus points in the tip pool
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Classic Food / Wine Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Other jobs you might be interested in
Seafood, New American, American, Salads / Sandwiches / Soups, Coffee / Tea
Upscale Casual, Fine Dining, Cafe
Part of Matter House
From the chef/owner of the critically-acclaimed restaurant estela in Nolita and Altro Paradiso in SoHo, comes Flora and Flora Coffee. Flora takes inspiration from lively, approachable restaurants in New York and Europe and is open beyond museum hours. The menu emphasizes seafood and vegetables and strives to be tasty and playful. You can stop in for a full dinner in the dining room, a small bite, or for a drink at the bar.
The Flora team aims to create an atmosphere of conviviality and adventure, similar to what they’ve cultivated downtown. The partnership with the museum came about from The Met’s desire to bring the estela team’s light and ethereal feel—and perhaps foremost its sensitivity to the setting and location of a space—to the iconic and impressive Breuer building.