BROKEN SPANISH is run by CHEF RAY GARCIA a native Angeleno who draws his culinary inspiration from the city's rich culture, the wealth of Southern California produce, Latin upbringing and classic culinary training. The restaurant is currently looking for a full-time LEAD LINE COOK to join the team. For more about who we are, visit us as http://brokenspanish.com/about/
JOB PURPOSE: Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, salads and other food products; as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu item plates.
DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Preps, stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Follow sanitation guidelines set forth by Health Department.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef or manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Food Handlers permit on file.
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPECTATIONS:
- Work schedule will may vary between early morning to late evening, weekends and holidays.
- Shifts will range from 6 -- 8 hours and you may at times be asked to work overtime.
- Always act in a professional manner that represents the restaurant, owners, partners and staff.
- Respectful to all guests that have chosen to dine in our restaurants.
- Demonstrate teamwork in all areas of the restaurant.
- Work with a positive attitude in all types of situations.
- Follow safety and sanitation rules and laws at all times.
- Always act in the best interest of the restaurant, fellow employees and guests.
- Welcome and accept feedback and coaching from the management team in order to maintain and grow as an employee.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20 - 30 pounds.
- Repetitive tasks with few breaks.
- Be able to work in a standing position for up to 8 hours.
COMPENSATION: Competitive Wages. Health Benefits for full time employees after 60 days. Safe Working Environment. Opportunities for Growth. Ability to work with premier team of hospitality and culinary professionals.
Please reply with your resume in the body of the email, and add any information you think may help tell us a little more about you. We look forward to meeting you.
Health Benefits for Full Time Employees After 60 Days
Other jobs you might be interested in
Mexican, Latin American
Part of Sprout LA
Broken Spanish follows the evolution of its chef, Ray Garcia. An amalgamation of the classically trained chef, born and raised in Los Angeles, with the powerful influence of a Latin upbringing. Drawing inspiration and flavors from a diverse community, Broken Spanish offers an experience that is Unique, Characteristic, and Beautiful.
Broken Spanish displays Chef Ray Garcia’s distinct culinary perspective with an elevated contribution to a bountiful culinary history. The cuisine is expressed in bold yet refined flavors. Preparations demonstrate elements of long-established tradition, while finished dishes are showcased with modern appeal.