BROKEN SPANISH follows the evolution of Chef Ray Garcia, a native Angeleno who draws his culinary inspiration from the city's rich culture, the wealth of Southern California produce, and classic training.
The restaurant is currently looking for a PREP COOK with at least one years experience to join the team.
Working Conditions and Expectations:
● Must have flexible availability Monday through Sunday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Follows the prep list created by chefs to plan duties.
● Labels and stocks all ingredients, so they are organized and easily accessed.
● Measures ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
● Prepares cooking ingredients by washing and chopping produce, cutting meat, etc.
● Maintains a clean and orderly station by sanitizing surfaces and removing trash.
● Ensures all food and other items are stored properly.
● Maintains neat, professional appearance and observes personal cleanliness rules at all times.
● Maintains the highest sanitary standards and follows sanitation guidelines set forth by Health
● Demonstrates teamwork in all areas of the restaurant and works with a positive attitude in all types of situations.
● Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
● Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef de Cuisine.
● 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
● Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen, and dining room personnel.
● Valid Food Handlers Card required.
● Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
● Be able to work in a standing position for up to 8 hours.
Please send us your resume, and we look forward to meeting with you soon!
Health Benefits For Full Time Employees After 60 days
Other jobs you might be interested in
Mexican, Latin American
Part of Sprout LA
Broken Spanish follows the evolution of its chef, Ray Garcia. An amalgamation of the classically trained chef, born and raised in Los Angeles, with the powerful influence of a Latin upbringing. Drawing inspiration and flavors from a diverse community, Broken Spanish offers an experience that is Unique, Characteristic, and Beautiful.
Broken Spanish displays Chef Ray Garcia’s distinct culinary perspective with an elevated contribution to a bountiful culinary history. The cuisine is expressed in bold yet refined flavors. Preparations demonstrate elements of long-established tradition, while finished dishes are showcased with modern appeal.