Steadfast Restaurant is looking for an Executive Sous Chef who is ready to be a leader. Steadfast requires attention to detail with upscale dining standards for both the front and back of house.
- Thorough hands on approach, develop and promote learning for all back of house employees.
- Upholding the standards of food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements to ensure the health and safety of staff and guests.
- Overseeing and ensuring that all company systems and policies are maintained at all times.
- Ensure consistent execution of company policies.
- Manage BOH labor
- Limit kitchen waste.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the General Manager or immediate supervisor
- Able to receive orders and keep track of inventory
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 10 hours or as needed
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 10 hours or as needed
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 18 years old
- Have a minimum of 5 years fine dining kitchen experience
- Have a minimum of 3 years fine dining management position
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently
- Active social media presence
- Ability to work early morning hours or late night hours
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 15 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Cost Optimization
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, American, Farm To Table
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Steadfast is a chef-driven, upscale restaurant project from the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group located in the heart of the booming financial district at 120 West Monroe. Steadfast will be located in one of Chicago's treasured historic landmarks which is being redeveloped into the Gray Hotel.
Hyper-Seasonal cuisine is offered with Old and New World influences, along with in-house charcuterie and a bread and pastry program. Paired alongside a progressive cocktail priogram from beverage director Benjamin Schiller and a Sommelier driven wine program helmed by Benjamin Meyer the GM and their team of up and coming Sommeliers.
Steadfast will be built around a culture Engaging Hospitality, Excellent Service and a Warm Atmosphere.