Damian is currently accepting resumes for an ambitious and experienced Floor Manager to join their Management team.
Opening in early 2020, Damian is the anticipated restaurant by internationally acclaimed chef partners Enrique Olvera and Daniela Soto-Innes along with restaurateur Santiago Perez. Located in Los Angeles’ burgeoning Arts District, Damian is rooted in Mexican flavors and traditions while celebrating the ingredients and vibrant culture of Los Angeles.
Under the direction of the GM and AGM, The Floor Manager is responsible for providing a memorable guest experience. This is a hands-on role where the Floor Manager is expected to work on the floor and interact daily with Guests and Team Members as well as work with the front-of-house management team as a whole in fulfilling specific projects that further develops the team and the business.
Responsibilities include :
- Maintains a visible presence on the floor and interacts with guests and team members.
- Assists in all aspects of employee relations, including but not limited to hiring, disciplining, training, developing, coaching and mentoring.
- Communicates all company initiatives , menu changes, and events scheduled
- Conducts pre -shift meetings
- Solicits feedback from the team to continuously drive operational improvements
- Assists FOH management team in ordering supplies as needed; communicates equipment and maintenance needs to direct reports and finds solutions to issues.
- Ensures adherence to all cost control procedures, such as voids, discounts, comps, etc., and ensures all team members understand and follow those procedures.
- Assists in development and/or implementation of all schedules and rotations; adjusts or balances the staffing levels in order to control labor costs without sacrificing guest service.
- Implements, adheres to and monitors all departmental and company policies and procedures as well as local, state & federal laws
- Actively participates in promoting our brand by interacting with our Guests in the restaurant, be involved in the community, engages with the media and be able to communicate in an effective way the essence of our brand.
- Must provide a happy environment free of harassment and hostility.
- Consistently presents themselves as the ambassador of all company , and a role model for the team
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2-3 years as a Floor Manager in a similar dining setting
- Strong knowledge and interest in food and beverage
- Knowledge of POS and reservation systems
- Bi-Lingual English / Spanish a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a variable schedule, including weekends, and shifts from morning through late night
About ATM Group