Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
Shane Confectionery (sister sweets shop to The Franklin Fountain), the oldest continuously run confectionery in the United States, established in 1863, is looking to hire a full-time Confectionery Assistant. The position will be full-time (35-40 hours per week). Candidate should have a pastry education or kitchen experience. Candy-making and/or chocolate skills/experience are a plus. Seasonal part-time work also available through Easter.
Duties may include: decorative piping, buttercream production, chocolate dipping, pouring hard candies, and the production and inventory of all house-made chocolates, centers and sugar confections. Additionally, all confectioners may be asked to assist with any and all production needs for The Franklin Fountain, including but not limited to juicing citrus fruits, baking brownies, preparing cold sundae toppings, ice cream bases and cooking hot sundae toppings such as hot fudge, caramel and others.
Applicants should have the following qualities:
- At least one year of working in commercial kitchen
- Precision, attention to detail, and thoroughness
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume physical environment
- Safety conscious, dexterous and likes to work with hands
- Able to work independently and collaborate with co-workers
- Good communication skills
- Tidy and cleans up regularly
- Positive attitude
Starting wage $10-$12/hr, based on experience
Health insurance available after 90 days of full-time employment