A Dishwasher will be in charge of the dish stations in the kitchen as well as the cleanliness of other BOH stations.
- Wash glassware, pots, pans, silverware and plates, among other utensils/objects.
- Understand and know how to use a dish machine
- Know how to use a three compartment sink
- Know how to properly use and distinguish different cleaning chemicals
- Work at a fast and efficient pace
- Take direction from the line cooks and kitchen manager
- Be able to deep clean above and below all surfaces
- Be able to organize efficiently
- Know how to handle sharp objects
- Have good time management skills
- Sweep and mop well
- Work well with other staff in a high volume work environment
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning,
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 18 years old.
- Have a minimum of 2 year dishwashing experience
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently.
- Active social media presence
- Ability to work late evening hours.
- Ability to work consistent schedule.
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 11 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, American, Farm To Table
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Steadfast is a chef-driven, upscale restaurant project from the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group located in the heart of the booming financial district at 120 West Monroe. Steadfast will be located in one of Chicago's treasured historic landmarks which is being redeveloped into the Gray Hotel.
Hyper-Seasonal cuisine is offered with Old and New World influences, along with in-house charcuterie and a bread and pastry program. Paired alongside a progressive cocktail priogram from beverage director Benjamin Schiller and a Sommelier driven wine program helmed by Benjamin Meyer the GM and their team of up and coming Sommeliers.
Steadfast will be built around a culture Engaging Hospitality, Excellent Service and a Warm Atmosphere.