A Sous Chef at Le Jardinier will be responsible for maintaining the excellent quality, service standards and guest experience implicit in L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon product offerings and to maintain the atmosphere and environment necessary to produce this amazing experience.
This role will support the Chef de Cuisine the entire team by organizing, planning and directing activities in all aspects of the kitchen and back of house.
Responsible for managing and assisting in preparing mis-en-place for all stations, expediting service, as well as, scheduling, ordering and labor/cost control analysis.
Sous Chef’s will work alongside the Executive Chef and will assist in creating menus using a variety cooking techniques and ingredients.
• Responsible for following the recipes, methods of food preparation, plating, and in some cases service of all menu items per Le Jardinier standards.
• Performs additional tasks or responsibilities as requested by the Chef or General Manger
• Must be able to work cleanly, efficiently, and with respect for quality ingredients and careful attention to preparation;
• Perform maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen equipment as needed.
• Ensure the cleanliness of equipment and work stations at the end of shift.
• Must be motivated with excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills;
• Must be able to work cleanly, efficiently, and with respect for quality ingredients and careful attention to preparation.
• Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team, communicate clearly, and ensure smooth service operations and quality service.
• Maintain inventory and production records.
• Attends all staff meeting requested by the chefs.
• Conforms to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen.
• Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature per HACCP guidelines; Ensure food is stored and kept at proper holding temperature through the use and control reading of thermometers to ensure NYC Health Department standards.
• Take pride in your appearance while adhering to the Dress & Appearance Policy.
• 3 years of fine dining culinary experience and 1 year of Management experience are required;
• A Culinary Degree is preferred.
• Food Handlers Safety Certificate Preferred
• Advanced product knowledge and interest in and familiarity with local or unique ingredients;
• Cleanliness, organization, and the ability to work well in a team situation are crucial to this position.
• Applicants must possess a strong dedication toward learning and continuous improvement.
• All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
• Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
• Must to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds, as well as work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
We seek individuals who pursue this career as a passion and a profession.
The job description isn’t meant to be complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
Invest Hospitality LLC –is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Invest Hospitality, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Completive Benefits, Pre-tax Transit, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of INVEST HOSPITALITY
Rooted in classic French technique, Chefs Alain Verzeroli has created a menu where plants play a prominent role: Local, seasonal fruits and vegetables, fresh herbs, and greens are complemented by wild and sustainable fish, meat, and poultry.
Le Jardinier's modern, light-filled space and lush outdoor dining area are meant to evoke a fun, tropical garden in the heart of The Miami Design District.