I. Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
Prepares, seasons, and cooks, soups, meats, vegetables, fish, poultry, desserts, and other food items. Cooks, prepares, and arranges the food to make an appealing arrangement for guests. Assures that guests have a favorable dining experience.
II. Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
Fast: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
III. Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for preparation of items and maintaining the temperature of the items.
- Responsible for seasoning and garnishing food.
- Responsible for preparing all soups and sauces.
- Responsible for keeping the cooking area clean and in an orderly state.
- Maintaining inventory and ordering food items on a daily basis.
- Ensure the safety and security of employees and guests.
- Monitor and adjust performance to local competition as warranted.
- Other duties as assigned.
IV. Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to use all kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Ability to read and write basic instructions. Knowledge of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Ability to be creative with cooking and food preparation.
- Ability to Read and interpret production lists, menus, and Banquet event orders.
- Ability to complete accurate record keeping.
- Knowledge of sanitation and health department regulations for safe handling of food.
V. Educational Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Culinary arts courses or the equivalent experience.
- One (1) – three (3) years’ experience as a line of restaurant cook.
VI. Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach while carrying food product, equipment, trash/waste weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift, carry, deliver food items weighing up to 50 pounds throughout a scheduled shift.
- Ability to work around 500 degree ovens and work within 40 degree walk-in refrigerators.
- Ability to stand and walk continually throughout a 10 hr. shift.
VII. Working Conditions
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees.
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.