Daily Provisions is your neighborhood café, where going out feels like coming home. Opened in 2017 by Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, we’ve developed a devout following of regulars who start their morning with a cappuccino and our famous Bacon, Egg and Cheese, grab a Chicken Milanese Sandwich for lunch and end their day with a Rotisserie Chicken and seasonal sides for dinner
The only way we can do what we do is with the strong belief that while this is a workplace, we are also a family. As we prepare to bring Daily Provisions to the West Village and Upper West Side, we are building our team. Our Team Members love food and drink, work hard and understand that in our fast-paced environment, the only way to win is by leading with hospitality.
Generous benefits package includes health care, paid time off, 401K plans and delicious meals. Oh…did we say Crullers?
As a service team member, you will be able to:
- Maintain efficiency and grace with a sense of urgency throughout service
- Use strong communication and listening skills to effectively deliver accurate messaging to both guests and all teammates
- Have full understanding of all menu items and how each is properly served and/or packaged
- Acknowledge and positively engage all guests at the expediting counter while managing guest expectations
- Demonstrate an understanding of enlightened salesmanship and seek opportunities to inform guests about additional offerings (pastry, breads, rotisserie chicken, and other to-go items)
- Have a general understanding of Department of Health (DOH) food safety standards
- Carry yourself with a warm, welcoming demeanor when interacting with guests and coworkers
- Derive pleasure from providing hospitality
- Exhibit excellent emotional self-awareness under pressure while maintaining a warm presence
- As a Service Team Member, you will have:
- One year of experience in a busy service environment, preferably in food
- Curious intelligence and interest in continuing to learn in the position
- A desire to grow you career
- A love of people and community
As a Service Team Member, in addition to competitive pay, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards!)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are hiring for various roles—talented cooks, inspiring managers, and kind servers to take care of our guests. We are seeking people that want to grow their career with us. We are willing to train.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Breakfast / Brunch, Salads / Sandwiches / Soups
Bakery / Patisserie, Cafe, Casual Dining, Fast Casual
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
Daily Provisions is your neighborhood cafe with everything you need throughout the day to dine in or take away.
Daily Provisions opens early in the morning with fresh baked goods and breakfast sandwiches. Throughout the afternoon and evening, goods such as offer made-to-order sandwiches, slow-roasted rotisserie chicken, seasonal sides and a selection of beer and wine to toast the day are served.
This is an eatery from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group, with a culinary team led by Chef Amanda Wilson and Pastry Chef Daniel Alvarez.