The Banty Rooster, a modern American restaurant with southwestern influences, is looking for a Line Cook to help us make a positive impact on New York City’s hospitality industry.
We are a small team of ambitious, kind, and hard-working people who believe in the power of restaurants to bring—and keep—people together. We know that this can only be achieved when we focus on our staff FIRST. Our culture provides opportunities for ongoing professional and leadership development, 1-1 coaching, and open-book finance and bonus potential for all employees.
If this sounds like a place you’d like to work, read on.
The ideal candidate:
- Has sound character and integrity—doing the right thing, even when no one is looking
- A minimum one year of experience in a Michelin or NYT two star or above kitchen
- Work any station assigned by Chef
- Follow & execute recipes for consistent quality
- Responsible for setup, breakdown, and cleaning of assigned station
- Maintain cleanliness of station and surrounding areas at all times
- Maintain cleanliness of apron, uniform, and self at all times
- Assist fellow team members with any necessary tasks to ensure successful service
- Engage in general use of a knife and a broad array of cooking techniques
- Comply with all health department requirements for food and beverage safety and staff hygiene
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service
- Assemble dishes during service, following proper specifications for plate components, portion size, and presentation
- Prepare and present dishes for service in a controlled manner and on a timely basis
- Restock all items as needed throughout the shift, storing and rotating products properly
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and properly in the kitchen
- Maintain storage areas and vessels with care
- Adhere to safety and emergency procedures to protect staff, guests, and property
- Respect and accommodate servers request regarding guests’ preferences and requests
- Participate in all deep cleaning of all kitchen areas, including but not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, prep area
- Job may include other duties as assigned by a manager not listed here
Advanced Knife Handling
Dough Making / Portioning
Other jobs you might be interested in
Latin American, Southwestern, New American
Nestled in New York City’s charming West Village, The Banty Rooster is now open! It is the brainchild of Delores Tronco, the restaurateur formerly behind the successful Denver restaurant Work & Class, which received national media attention and critical acclaim, including two James Beard nominations. Tronco's first NYC project, nicknamed “The Banty,” is a New American restaurant drawing influence from the Southwestern US. The restaurant will serve dishes including Kabocha Squash with Pickled Chile and Brown Butter, Pork Collar with Green Chile, and desserts like Cornmeal Cake with Caramelized Pineapple Ice Cream. Complementing the dinner menu will be a 60-70 bottle wine list and a cocktail program highlighting bold spirits mezcal, tequila, and rum. The Banty’s interiors celebrate the diverse and tight knit community of the West Village, and will feature whitewashed brick, pale oak, black and white art and graphic accents, and strong pops of blues and spice tones.