The Director of Sales is primarily responsible for developing and executing the sales plan by channel, including collaboration on financial expectations and marketing plans. The role manages a team of sales associates, broker relationships and distributors in the region and nationwide. This role is considered an ambassador for our brand nationally.
- Manage a team of sales associates, broker relationships and distributors
- Build strong working relationships with your team and develop incentive programs to reward growth
- Seek out new sales opportunities through strategic partners, distributors, and brokers to meet and exceed plan goals for sales and gross profit.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time both Regional and National for Sales Meetings, Food Shows, and Customer Visits.
- Responsibilities include forecasting, budgeting, product innovation, customer/sales channel development and other key projects
- Ability to report up to General Manager and Senior Leadership on Sales and Profitability
- Lead annual planning process, including developing sales plan, marketing plan, and strategic initiatives
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, while working independently and as a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and create results from daily activity
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience in sales for specialty food, or foodservice distributors
- Familiarity with Specialty Food and Traditional Supermarket Retailers
- Solid understanding of Private Label and White Label programs
- Ability to travel approximately 50%
- Strong presentation, communication, organization and time management skills
Di Bruno Bros. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Markets, Specialty Grocer
Part of Di Bruno Bros.
Since 1939, Di Bruno Bros. has been recognized as the region's finest specialty food retailer. We offer the highest quality, most innovative specialty foods and fresh products in the market, served with exceptional customer care. Our motto, "Celebrating Great Food, Great Service and Great People," is demonstrated every day at each of our retail locations.
The Company has grown from a small, one-store operation in the Italian Market to a total of 5 retail stores and wholesale, e-commerce, manufacturing and catering operations. A family-owned business, Di Bruno Bros. now employees over 300 Associates who pride themselves on being recognized as Culinary Pioneers.
VP of Culinary Pioneering