Runner Job Description:
We are accepting applications for runners to join our exceptional team at Sabai Thai Restaurant.
- Maintain highest quality standards according to company policies and NYC health and safety regulations.
- Work well in a fast paced environment as a member of a team.
- Be able to effeciently manage running food window.
- Correctly build tray by preparing appropriate sauces and silverware that accompany dishes.
- Maintain cleaniness of back of the house area and dish wash area.
- Communicate effectively with other staff members and guests.
- Maintain a sense of urgency at all times and take initiative.
- Be dedicated to our customers and our brand.
- Help setting tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Garnish dishes in preparation for serving.
- Assist in various small tasks around the restaurant.
- Attentive and proactive.
- Custom service oriented.
- Problem solving skills.
- Responsible, dependable and punctual!
- Attention to cleanliness and safety. Food safety certification is preferred.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs.
- Basic math skills.
- Flexible/open availability.
Other jobs you might be interested in
“Sabai” is the realization of our efforts and vision to encapsulate the spirit of Thailand and to bring its magnificence and elegance to New York.
In Thailand, food is the central focus of people’s lives. It is believed that life should be “sanuk” (enjoyable) and “sabai” (comfortable and relaxed), and as such, the pleasures of relaxing and eating with family and friends is of the utmost importance.
In virtually every aspect of their lives, from simple get-togethers to important ceremonies, food is at the heart of it all.
It is our belief that as long as we are creative and creating this extraordinary culinary and cultural experience for our guests, we will accomplish our goal.