The Private Dining Manager will solicit and manage special events and catering for their designated restaurants through professional sales techniques. This role oversees the promotion, pricing, planning and coordination of all internal event sales and off-site catering. This role cultivates new business opportunities while enhancing customer relations for client retention. Additionally, Private Dining Manager ensures that customer requirements and specifications are met and that functions run smoothly, efficiently, and profitability.
- Organize, coordinate, and document all aspects of private dining; working with the client to determine menu and wine selections, entertainment, floral specification, and other needs.
- Communicates with the culinary and service team all client specifications.
- Solicit and promote events, wholesale/catering and merchandise business through marketing, cold calling, contacting local customers, relationships with local business and other cost-effective activities.
- Develop and execute a marketing and outreach plan. Work leadership to determine revenue targets and work to meet and exceed established targets.
- Develop and maintain an updated and detailed price sheet of all menu items and services that accurately reflects today’s costs and the company’s profit objectives in collaboration with the General Managers and Chefs
- Negotiate final pricing, prepare contracts and secure customer signatures.
- Execute contracts and collect deposits as required (in some cases 30 days before the event.)
- Regularly review upcoming events function sheets and have a thorough understanding of all requirements on upcoming scheduled events.
- Document final arrangements with clients on function sheet. Obtain all specifications and pertinent information concerning the event, including but limited to, number of attending, schedule of events and menu. Provide designated staff at the property with a copy of each function sheet to provide a thorough understanding of event specifications prior to the function.
- Work in collaboration with the operators to secure the necessary resources for the event, including staffing, rental equipment and other needs.
- Work closely with the restaurant management staff to keep them updated on the catering information and headcounts so that there will be enough staffing, and appropriate skill levels of staff.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely basis.
- Prepare and complete an accurate bill to the customer at the completion of the function and collect final payment. If another payment arrangement has been made, have the terms noted on the bill.
- Attend industry meetings and develop networks amongst your peers.
- High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of Event Sales experience; preferably in a restaurant setting.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in clear English.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a diverse group
- Pleasant personality and ability to interface with personnel at all levels
- Organized and detail oriented with ability to interface with personnel at all levels
- Ability to perform with only general instruction on new assignments and minimal direction
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Working knowledge of Reservation, Point of Sale & Guest Experience Platforms
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Unquestionable integrity and discretion; outstanding judgement
- Strong attention to detail
Invest Hospitality LLC –is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Invest Hospitality, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining
Part of INVEST HOSPITALITY
La Table is multi-concept dining destination where French food, wine, and culture take center stage. The bi-level space offers a myriad of experiences including a casual bistro (Marché), upscale dining (Château), a bakery, and several private event rooms.
Marché at La Table (downstairs, casual dining)
Located on the first floor of La Table, Marché’s casual seating, wrap-around bar, and open-air patio welcome diners for an all-day menu of light, yet comforting French bistro-style fare. Indulge in dishes from Executive Chef Stephen Conklin such as our Caramelized Cheese Soufflé, Lobster Bisque, or Grilled Branzino; or, enjoy a light Mushroom Flatbread or Yellowfin Tuna Niçoise Salad al fresco alongside a glass of wine or signature cocktail.
Château at La Table (upstairs, fine dining)
With its sweeping views of Post Oak Boulevard, Château’s elegant dining room—overseen by the ever-popular maître d’ Valerio Lombardozzi— provides guests an ambiance of unpretentious luxury. Chef Conklin’s seasonally changing menu features refined French dishes, as well as modern takes on classic preparations utilizing the best local ingredients. Château also brings to life the lost art of tableside service, with our signature dishes for two including Organic Heritage Chicken and Cognac Flamed Texas Long Bone Akaushi Ribeye. An award-winning wine list offers the ideal complement to any meal.
Open from mid-morning to closing, the bakery at La Table is reminiscent of the classic charming bakeries that can be found in cities and villages across France, with its vintage fixtures, gray marble, and hand-painted tiles. We offer an array of house baked goods including French macarons and pastries, which can be enjoyed alongside a coffee in Marché, or beautifully packaged as a chic hostess gift.
Private Dining: https://www.latablehouston.com/private-dining