We are looking for a service manager to join our team. This new team member must have a passion and enthusiasm for food, drink and the hospitality industry that matches ours.
In addition, our ideal team member has a proven track record of and an enthusiasm for managing service in a high volume environment. This position is responsible for keeping cool, calm and engaged on the floor during any night of service in addition to energizing the team to maximize Hojoko levels of fun for each guest.
You will be working hand-in-hand with a diverse group of people, including our General Manager, Chef de Cuisine, our service team, culinary team and our partners on the hotel property. Hojoko is the restaurant within the Verb Hotel, a boutique, music-themed hotel offering a retro vibe and modern amenities.
- Working together with the General Manager of Hojoko in daily restaurant operations as well as assisting initiatives to grow the business, drive sales and manage costs
- Conducting motivating and educational “sound check” (pre-service) meetings
- Creating tools to improve and support service and guest relations
- Hosting a wide range of parties on a nightly basis: karaoke, live bands, dj’s and dancing
- Making connections with guests and developing regulars on a nightly basis
- During service, always having a close eye on each step of the guest experience
- Work closely with host team to insure an excellent guest experience from hello to goodbye
- Managing a team with the utmost respect, including hiring, learning and development
- Assist General Manager with scheduling shifts, documenting and reviewing performance
- Collaborating on learning and development opportunities with the management team
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Passion for hospitality and unique guest experiences
- Experience working as part of a team in a high-volume restaurant environment
- Experience closing a shift
- Experience using Micros as a point of sale system
- Excellent attention to detail & time management skills
- Strong communication skills (both one-on-one and in front of groups)
- Enthusiastic about Japanese cuisine and culture
About Cushman Concepts
Founded and owned by husband and wife team, James Beard Award Winning Chef Tim and sake certified Nancy Cushman, Cushman Concepts is a dynamic restaurant group whose vision is to create unique hospitality experiences and concepts that surprise and delight our guests every day and in unexpected ways.
Cushman Concepts has created multiple, unique and transporting hospitality experiences in Boston and New York: o ya in Boston and New York, Hojoko Japanese Tavern in Boston, and Covina and Roof at Park South cocktail bar in New York City.
Founded over a decade ago in 2007 with the opening of highly acclaimed o ya restaurant in Boston, Chef Tim and Nancy Cushman and their team are committed to matching their award-winning hospitality with a work culture founded in genuine care.
The Cushman Concepts team prides themselves on the unique culture that has developed over years of hard work and commitment. We are creatively driven and operationally sound and are inspired to surprise and delight our guests every day with craveable food, beverage and warm service. We have a high level of respect for each other as well as our guests that join us every night.
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Cushman Concepts
Hojoko is a lively Japanese izakaya located in the heart of Boston's historic Fenway neighborhood. Hojoko serves a unique combination of sushi rolls, yakitori, ramen and more along with award-winning cocktails, sake and beer.
We take great pride, and great pleasure, in our unique culture of caring.
Caring is Gracious, Genuine, and Humble.
We care about you.
We care about our guests.
We care about the community.
We care about our product.
We care about consistency.
We care about each and every detail of the guest experience.
We care about everyone enjoying what they do, having fun and learning.
We care about working as a team and showing the highest level of respect for everyone.
Caring is warm, but has a powerful effect when it comes to life through words, thoughts and actions.
Every action and every interaction with our guests and with each other contributes to and solidifies our culture of caring.