Job Title: Director of Training & Recruitment
The Director of Training & Recruitment is responsible for the direction of all hiring and training efforts within Fearless Restaurants.
S/he will champion all efforts to find and hire the best hourly and management level staff for all Fearless properties. S/he will work closely with the operations department leaders, and restaurant level management to ensure a unified vision of a great staff, then seek to connect viable candidates with Fearless teams. S/he will be responsible for sourcing and prescreening all management level candidates, and will participate alongside the operations teams in hourly level hiring. S/he will be responsible for representing Fearless through recruitment opportunities from college visits, to professional networking and community relations.
S/he will work with the Fearless team to design and implement a lasting management training program, that will produce current and future leaders within the organization. S/he will coordinate the training efforts for each new management hire to ensure they are exposed to and trained on all aspects of the Fearless business model, ensuring each candidate is properly prepared to participate in the success of their restaurant.
S/he will write, implement and maintain training materials for all FOH positions within the brand. S/he will ensure the success of the training program through constant evaluation and improvement. S/he will champion a continuing education program for both hourly management and staff, to ensure that members of the Fearless team represent the best in our industry. S/he will maintain and develop all job descriptions. S/he will develop a review system and ensure it is maintained and rolled out across the company with directors and store level managers/chefs.
S/he will be a model of Fearless culture, ensuring that pursuit of excellence through attention to detail and impeccable hospitality are only outweighed by the company’s values of teamwork, loyalty, respect, and innovation.
First 3 months:
- Learn company culture, and systems through time spent in each restaurant, developing relationships with GM’s and management teams
- Learn all store and office level software, and begin to develop training modules for managers
- Take on all recruitment efforts including job posting, applicant tracking, and interview support for all positions both FOH/BOH
- Create manage training manual
- Complete greeter training manuals for Tuckers Tavern, Louie Louie, DaddyO
- Complete server and bartender training manuals for all stores
- Lead hiring efforts for new openings
- Support training at new restaurant openings
- Continue to hold stores accountable for Train the Trainer program
First 6 Month:
- Complete all FOH hourly training manuals (servers, bartenders, runners, bussers, greeters)
- Start monthly Continuing Education classes for FOH hourlies
- Learn and roll out (restaurant level) any new software programs Fearless partners with
- Begin designing a MIT program
- Begin representing Fearless at college campuses and recruiting managers
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, onboarding summer staffs at Moshulu, Tuckers, DaddyO
- Roll out performance review program across all stores and office
- Have all training manuals (first updates) completed and rolled out
- Partner with GM’s and chef’s to implement a continuing education program
- Champion all software programs and training on these programs
- Become the face of Fearless’ recruiting efforts
- Complete rolling out MIT program
- Develop videotaped online training classes for the chosen HRIS and LMS system
Health/dental insurance, short-term disability, 401k, MAJOR vacation perks, Employee Dining Program @ Fearless Restaurants, Field Trips!
Profit And Loss
Recruiting / hiring
Staff Education / Motivation