An established, high-profile, upscale steakhouse on the scenic west side of Los Angeles is looking for a seasoned professional who is skilled in creating and managing event planning processes. Our coordinator will be responsible for collaborating with team members on branding, logistics and other details, as well as arranging food, beverage, entertainment, audio/video media, and other vendors in accordance with booked events to ensure a smooth, professional experience for the restaurant and guest. Applicants who are looking for a rewarding events experience at a notable establishment with both a high volume in sales and a great company culture, we highly recommend you apply!
Duties and responsibilities
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive the creation of the optimal event platform with the goal of strengthening our brand identity and creating value-adding experiences for clients and prospects.
- Take a strategic approach to event planning and execution aimed at maximizing participation and cultivating the best possible attendee experience.
- Work collaboratively with multiple internal teams in the planning and execution of events
- Participates in business review meeting, sales meetings and management meetings as deemed necessary by the General Manager.
- Manage all aspects of venue coordination, including meeting space allocation, meeting room set up, food and beverage, technology and related logistics.
- Coordinate a wide range of services for events that have been booked including AV requests, signage, distribution of materials, etc.
- Develops detailed proposals, contracts and correspondence and modifies them to the specific programs and their negotiated terms while maintaining profitability goals of Baltaire Restaurant.
- Assist in the development of pre-event communications, including save the dates, invitations, and reminders.
- Represents Baltaire Restaurant at local and industry association events to maximize exposure of the restaurant and the events program.
- Conduct post-event analysis, including event analytics, gaps and areas of opportunity, and developing cost-saving controls.
- Drive recommendations for change to streamline and improve overall efficiency.
- Monitor and coordinate accounting activities as appropriate, and prepare internal reports for management as required.
- Develop and implement regular and effective communications of event plans, activities and other key information including retention of contracts between the guests and the Company.
- Solicits new and existing catering accounts to exceed revenue goals by using multiple methods of communication and promptly responds to all incoming leads for catering business.
- Participates in food and beverage presentations, sales presentations, trade shows and guest meetings.
- Conducts site inspections and entertains potential guests as appropriate.
- Interacts with Baltaire Restaurant staff in a professional manner, assisting other areas of the restaurant as deemed necessary.
- Extensive understanding and application of event planning principles, concepts, practices and industry standards
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize timelines
- Proven track record coordinating complex event programs with varied stakeholders
- Experience dealing with high-level executives with a demonstrated ability to influence
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across all levels in an organization
- Execution and problem solving skills under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of initiative and detail oriented.
- Is knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and Baltaire Restaurant policies.
- Operate computer and basic office equipment.
- Answer phones in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Maintain a sense of humor, be a team player, and be energetic.
High School diploma or GED. BA/BS preferred. Familiar with event coordinator concepts, practices and procedures. Candidates should have experience at a notable establishment working with celebrity and entertainment industry clients.
We look forward to your application!
Commission based on event sales.
Basic Floor Service
Classic Food / Wine Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Event Management / Organization
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Other jobs you might be interested in
Steakhouse, Seafood, American
A contemporary restaurant with classic genes, Baltaire is where to enjoy lunch in the sun and dinner under the stars. It’s the perfect place for cocktails and conversation or an intimate dinner any night of the week.
With Executive Chef Travis Strickland leading our kitchen, our certified Sommelier conceptualizing cocktails and curating the wine list, Baltaire brings the highest grade steaks, exceptional seafood, resplendent drinks, and plenty of healthy, light fare options to Brentwood.
Our light and airy dining room gives way to a gorgeous outdoor terrace by way of floor-to-ceiling glass doors, providing spacious seating for sun-soaked lunches and lavish nighttime wining and dining, all with a mid-century modern design. Adjacent to the main dining room, our inviting lounge is the ideal place to meet and enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine and listen to live music. Experience a steakhouse, completely reimagined.