Date of Notice: December 3, 2019
Job Location: Sand Valley (Nekoosa, WI)
Reports to: Jon Keeley, Culinary Director
Send Applications to: Jon Keeley, Culinary Director [email protected]
Located in central Wisconsin, one hour north of Madison in the town of Rome, the focus at Sand Valley will be one of uncompromising quality in every aspect. From course layout and condition, to food and beverage offerings, to every detail in the golf operation and overnight rooms, this project will sustain the culture and reputation of unparalleled customer service and great guest experience here at Sand Valley.
Works with the Culinary Director in supervising food production for all food outlets, banquet events, other functions at the club, assists with food production tasks as needed and assures that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Culinary Director on inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
- Assumes complete charge of the kitchen under the direction of the Culinary Director.
- Responsible for the Hiring, training/development and discipline of all BOH staff
- Planning the work, developing work schedules, and apportioning the work,
- Directing and monitoring work activities and evaluating performance.
- Handling complaints and administering discipline; terminating as appropriate,
- Ensuring sanitation and safety programs are closely followed.
- Establishes controls and monitors kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Assists the Culinary Director with menu planning and related production activities. Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of prepared foods.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Monitors the condition of equipment and makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment and other areas of the club.
- Prepares reports, costs menus, makes schedules and performs administrative duties as assigned by the Exec Chef.
- Continuously updates processes and procedures for BOH operations
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef
- 7+ years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience (luxury brand hotel or golf resort a plus)
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of staff management and food control.
- Ability to effectively manage a staff of 40+
- Excellent sense of urgency, multitasking skills, attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Strong Banquet background a plus
- Strong Decision-making skills
Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chefs, Sauce Cook; Fry Cook; Line Prep Cook; Breakfast Cook; Garde Manger; Butcher; Broiler Cook; Assistant Cook; Sauté Cook; Salad Preparation Assistant
Full-Time Salary, bonuses, benefits, 401k, Golf Perks,
preformance bonus, benefits, golf perks
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Dough Making / Portioning
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
American, Desserts, New American
Bakery / Patisserie, Casual Dining, Quick Service, Bar / Lounge, Fast Casual, Fine Dining, Upscale Casual, Resort / Lodge, Full Service Hotel, Country / Golf Club