Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
Casa Pública is a high paced neighborhood traditional Mexican restaurant, situated in North Williamsburg, one block away from McCarren Park. We are a young restaurant focused on keeping the food the star of the plate by uplifting the presentation of traditional Mexican food.
This is a role for a passionate, experienced and motivated cook or Chef de Cuisine, who is looking to take grow in the position of Chef de Cuisine, in an inspired by a restaurant ambiance set in a hacienda-style decorated Mexican restaurant, to create help us create a menu and learn more about the beauty and flavors of Mexican cuisine, and to help guide our young and energetic team.
As Chef De Cuisine you will be:- Directing and managing all food service & preparation activities and most importantly upholding the high quality standards set forth by Casa Publica
- Creating & implementing new seasonal menus which are in line with the Casa Publica
- High level management position – manage all staffing activities, including daily assignment of kitchen roles, rostering, hiring and training all new kitchen staff.
- Tight daily management of all food and staffing costs
- Management of all ordering including – food, supplies, equipment and all other related items.
- Management of all necessary administration duties.
- Management of kitchen hygiene standards and complying with sanitation and health regulations.
- Working closely with our Events management team in order to build new business and attending pitch/client sales meetings where necessary.
- Working with our Executive Chef and partners to draft event ideas and initiatives.
Attributes:- Must have a natural nuance with food, a sophisticated palette and an excellent knowledge of Mexican Food
- GREAT management skills is an absolute MUST!!!
- AMAZING communication & Leadership skills!
- EXTREMELY detail orientated.
- TEAM PLAYER with a positive attitude always, you need to be able to motivate your team.
- Very capable in delegating tasks to the appropriate staff members and training staff- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.- Great Time Management skills and ridiculously punctual, NO EXCEPTIONS!- Be highly skilled with hygiene practices
Certification and Experience: - NY food handlers certificate - Candidate must have 3 years experience in a high level kitchen position with an excellent record of kitchen management.- High volume restaurant or catering experience needed
- Needs to be very computer literate and have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.- Spanish is a plus
Hours: FULL TIME. Hours and days will vary.
PLEASE SEND– Up to date Resume with a cover page about your experience & cooking style and any other relevant information.
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Food Cost Optimization
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Ordering / Purchasing
Ordering / Receiving
Staff education / motivation
Up to 200 covers a night
Vegan / Vegetarian Cooking