The ideal candidate will be friendly, devoted, curious, and have a strong passion for food. We are looking for individuals who are confident that they will become an integral member of a team that values hard work and brings detail and care to every part of their day.
- Sets up station according to Chef’s guidelines
- Follows recipes, portion controls, pars, and presentation specifics as set by the Chef
- Restocks items as needed throughout shift.
- Keeps a clean, safe, organized workstation
- Uses/maintains all equipment in station properly
- Assists with scrub down and organization of kitchen, refrigeration and storage areas, etc.
- Performs additional tasks as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef
- Conforms to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen
Skills and Requirements
- Basic understanding of professional cooking
- Knife handling skills
- Following recipes without direct supervision
- Basic kitchen etiquette and safety
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues
Up to 200 covers a night
Wood Fire Cooking
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
One of America's most beloved restaurants, Gramercy Tavern has welcomed guests to enjoy its contemporary American cuisine, warm hospitality, and unparalleled service for over two decades. Chef Michael Anthony's ever-evolving seasonal menu showcases the restaurant's relationships with local farms and purveyors.
Opened in 1994 by restaurateur Danny Meyer in a historic landmark building, the restaurant has earned nine James Beard Awards, including "Outstanding Restaurant" and "Outstanding Chef in America".