Reports to: Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine
We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the chef de cuisine and sous chefs with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our member satisfaction and overall Club goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the culinary staff
- Answer, report and follow chef de cuisine or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and members
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and multi-task
- Solid experience in relevant kitchen positions strongly preferred.
- Able to work quickly and adapt to meet flow of demand.
- Able to stand for full shift.
- Able to work in hot, fast-paced environment.
- 1+ years' experience in similar roles preferred
- Solid understanding of food preparation and basic to complex cooking methods across varied styles.
- Able to follow detailed recipes and verbal instructions with minimum supervision.
Excellent wages and benefits inlcuding 401(k) with employer match
Other jobs you might be interested in
Private / Social Club
Part of Fitler Club
Fitler Club is a members-only lifestyle club for the leaders and influencers shaping the future of Philadelphia. Fitler Club houses a long list of luxury amenities including dining, social spaces, hotel rooms, a 25,000 sq. ft gym, a pool and spa, co-working, event spaces and more. Opening Q1 2019.