Damian is currently accepting resumes for a Maitre' D who is savvy, extremely eloquent , and demonstrates strong leadership skills to join their team.
Opening in early 2020, Damian is the anticipated restaurant by internationally acclaimed chef partners Enrique Olvera and Daniela Soto-Innes along with restaurateur Santiago Perez. Located in Los Angeles’ burgeoning Arts District, Damian is rooted in Mexican flavors and traditions while celebrating the ingredients and vibrant culture of Los Angeles.
Some of the responsibilities of the Maitre'D include:
- Mastering and training others on all functions of the Open Table system, Events system, and Seven Rooms, Resy system
- Maintaining the guest database, scheduling period check-ups, and conducting quarterly audits of the Open Table/Resy system
- Reviewing usefulness and relevance of relationships with third party reservation platforms; staying current on other competitive reservation platforms
- Serving as a brand ambassador for Damian to guests and staff
- Overseeing all incoming event inquiries for accuracy and diligence
- Working closely with members of the management team to enhance guest experience and maximize covers
- Communicates with guests about special requests and occasions as well as particular reservation preferences; developing relationships with VIP’s and understanding their desires
- Creating and managing “day-of” books to increase availability for last minute reservations
- Working with the Management team to create and maintain policies for restaurants
- Schedules and leads reservations department meetings
- Manages full cycle recruitment process for the host team
- Training, guiding, coaching, and developing all host team
- Creating the reservation staff schedule, and manages reservation payroll
- Drives the timeline in planning for all major holidays
- Ensure safety practices and procedures are followed and proper emergency and security procedures are maintained.
- Monitor guest feedback and communicate findings to staff and train on best practices accordingly.
- Attend pre- shift, and weekly manager meetings
- Adhere to all company procedures as it pertains to personal appearance, attendance and conduct
- Ensure DOL/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation
- A minimum of 3 years Guest Relations experience in a high-volume setting, with at least 1 year of management experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to uphold the highest level of confidentiality and privacy
- Professional presentation and ability to communicate with a diverse workforce
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy, to attend to details, and to calculate and analyze numbers
- Strength in problem solving and organization
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and reservations applications
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Must be fluent in English and helpful to be conversational in Spanish
- About ATM Group
ATM Group is the award winning hospitality company led by chefs Enrique Olvera and Daniela Soto-Innes along business partner Santiago Perez and architect Alonso de Garay. The restaurant group currently includes Cosme, the #1 restaurant in the United States on the 2019 World’s 50 Best list, and sister restaurant ATLA in New York City. By 2020, Olvera, Soto-Innes and Perez will debut three new restaurants on the West Coast including Damian restaurant and Ditroit taqueria in Los Angeles and a forthcoming restaurant in Las Vegas.