Damian is currently accepting resumes for an ambitious and highly organized Office Coordinator to join their team. Ideal candidates will have experience with general human resource practices in the area of staff management and employment law, as well as accounting booking experience.
Opening in early 2020, Damian is the anticipated restaurant by internationally acclaimed chef partners Enrique Olvera and Daniela Soto-Innes along with restaurateur Santiago Perez. Located in Los Angeles’ burgeoning Arts District, Damian is rooted in Mexican flavors and traditions while celebrating the ingredients and vibrant culture of Los Angeles.
As the Office Coordinator, some of your responsibilities will include:
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Act as a Liaison between the restaurant HR, Accounting, and other respective corporate departments
- Coordinates and participates in internal job fairs, and attends external job fairs to consistently maintain a competitive bench
- Assist with the full cycle recruitment process i.e. request job postings, applicant tracking system, sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews, candidate follow-up
- Partners with HR during the on boarding process; distributes and receives all new hire documents and ensures legal requirements are met.
- Conducts new hire orientation, consistently provides a warm welcome to new hires and ensures they have the necessary resources for success.
- Submits wage / benefits / title / demographic changes, wage garnishments and child support notices to HR Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Maintains employee personnel files and ensures that documentation is accurate for maintenance of official personnel records.
- Tracks entitlement and eligibility for Paid-Time-Off (PTO) benefits (vacation, personal, sick and other PTO).
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning all employment practices
- In coordination with HR Coordinator, reports and assists in processing and managing workers' compensation claims, FMLA and leaves of absence. Follows up on claims to bring them to speedy and complete closure.
- Commuinicates Assist with other HR duties as may be assigned
- Adhere to all company policies as it pertains to personal appearance, attendance and conduct
- Complete all assigned administrative requirements accurately and on time
- Remain current and compliant with current HR practices and policies
- Ensure DOL/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation
- Attends pre- shift meetings, and weekly manager meetings
- Enter daily sales to Quick Books from POS system with accuracy.
- Reconcile cash and credit cards on daily basis.
- Response to any charge backs on timely manner.
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Provide information to Corporate controller as needed and ensure clear and effective communication at all times.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Follow accounting policies and procedures
- Perform internal audit for financial controls and help external auditors with required documents and process
- Maintain petty cash accounts and log all outgoing disbursements
- Monitor all vendor payment agreements to find discounts that can be used to reduce invoice amounts
- Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Assist Corporate Controller in closing month end.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role working with HR and accounting responsibilities preferably in a restaurant or office environment.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Excellent administrative, organizational and communication skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Fluent in English, Spanish speaking a plus
- Ability to multi-task and follow through on assignments to completion
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft computer applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work a variable schedule, including weekends, and shifts from morning through late night
About ATM Group
ATM Group is the award winning hospitality company led by chefs Enrique Olvera and Daniela Soto-Innes along business partner Santiago Perez and architect Alonso de Garay. The restaurant group currently includes Cosme, the #1 restaurant in the United States on the 2019 World’s 50 Best list, and sister restaurant ATLA in New York City. By 2020, Olvera, Soto-Innes and Perez will debut three new restaurants on the West Coast including Damian restaurant and Ditroit taqueria in Los Angeles and a forthcoming restaurant in Las Vegas.