THIS POSITION IS FOR THE TIME OUT MARKET OPENING IN THE FULTON MARKET TODAY!!!
The Line Cook will work in every area of the kitchen to achieve quality preparation, presentation, and service of the menu items.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or for other reasons.
- Perform many basic tasks of food preparation and organization in the kitchen.
- Effectively communicate with other members of the kitchen staff.
- Report to duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform.
- Run the line during the service, ensuring that the highest standards are met and that communication between all sections and restaurant departments is efficient and polite.
- Produce menu items for service, maintaining high standards to achieve the correct quality, appearance and portion size.
- Monitor the quality and presentation of dishes so that only those, which meet our high standard, are served to our guests.
- Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained by following cleaning routines and through ongoing diligence during the shift and in set-up and clean down procedures.
- Observe the company’s fire plan and health safety policy.
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Carry pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stoves, and refrigerators.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Entente, a Michelin-Starred, New American fine dining restaurant, prides itself on the seasonality of game, seafood, meat and vegetable to inspire the direction of the kitchen. Reinterpretations of dishes with cross-cultural influences showcase the true diversity and talent of our chefs.
3056 N Lincoln Ave.
Director of Operations