Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, and Porchlight to name a few! This is a great opportunity to master the art of cooking over open fire, utilizing a state of the art Grillworks Infierno grill and Mugnaini pizza ovens. Additionally, learn to cook with local ingredients from Union Square Greenmarket and other local farms.
Located in the Redbury Hotel, Marta features an energetic open kitchen with two wood-burning ovens and an open-fire grill taking center stage. The kitchen creates fresh takes on classic pizza standbys as well as original inventions showcasing seasonal and local ingredients. Marta exudes warmth and communal energy and serves as a central gathering place for its community. Working in the building also offers access to Caffe Marchio https://www.caffemarchio.com/ and Vini e Fritti https://www.vinifritti.com/ , the newest restaurants on the 30th Street side of The Redbury New York Hotel from the team behind Marta. These spaces round out the property’s loving salute to Roman eateries, and offer a transporting taste of the eternal city, from morning to night.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Experience cooking in a professional environment (garde manger, grilling, wood fire cooking)
- Advanced knife handling skills
- Self-motivated, organized, reliable and hardworking
- Commitment to excellence and working with a team
- Understanding of all aspects of the kitchen
Advanced Knife Handling
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Italian, Pizza, Grill
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
The food at Marta is inspired by the tradition of rustic Roman pizzerie, the neighborhood haunts that churn out thin, crackly-crusted pizzas into the late hours of the evening. The restaurant celebrates the Italian tradition of cooking alle brace, or over embers, dedicating a section of the menu to daily specials – meats, fish and vegetables – all kissed by the fire.
Additionally, no Roman-style pizzeria would be complete without salty fried snacks and a robust offering of seasonal salads. The beverage list showcases Italian as well as local craft beers, along with thoughtfully selected wines and cocktails. Marta is open continuously seven days a week, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, flex pay, life insurance, employee dining program and paid vacation. USHG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.