- Work/life balance - day and night shifts available
- Opportunites to work private events/off sites and shifts in our other restaurants
- A beautiful state of the art, spacious and clean kitchen to work with modern equipment and tools
- Opportunities for growth and development – don’t become stagnant
- Constantly changing, developing and evolving menus
- Opportunities for input – if you know a better way, let’s hear it
- Work with some of the best seafood, meats, vegetables, and produce in New York and the world.
- Access to training sessions and classes – do you know how cheese is made? An oyster is grown? Miso is fermented? Would you like to?
- Passion for service, prep, savory or sweet? We have opportunities to learn and develop your skills in all areas
- Commitment to excellence
- Desire to learn & a positive attitude
- Ability to work cleanly and efficiently
- Attention to detail
- Capable of working well in a team environment
Health and commuter benefits available.
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Salads / Sandwiches / Soups, Coffee / Tea
Upscale Casual, Cafe
Part of Matter House
From the chef/owner of the critically-acclaimed restaurant estela in Nolita and Altro Paradiso in SoHo, comes Flora and Flora Coffee. Flora takes inspiration from lively, approachable restaurants in New York and Europe and is open beyond museum hours. The menu emphasizes seafood and vegetables and strives to be tasty and playful. You can stop in for a full dinner in the dining room, a small bite, or for a drink at the bar.
The Flora team aims to create an atmosphere of conviviality and adventure, similar to what they’ve cultivated downtown. The partnership with the museum came about from The Met’s desire to bring the estela team’s light and ethereal feel—and perhaps foremost its sensitivity to the setting and location of a space—to the iconic and impressive Breuer building.