About Momofuku Noodle Bar - Time Warner Center
Founded by Chef David Chang, Momofuku Noodle Bar first opened in New York City’s East Village in 2004. Noodle Bar serves noodles, buns, and a rotating selection of dishes that change with the seasons.For the second location in New York City, Executive Chef Tony Kim is developing a new menu to translate the DNA of the original Noodle Bar to the Time Warner Center Restaurant and Bar collection.Noodle Bar will be located on the third floor of the Time Warner Center and is anticipated to open in mid-2018. It will feature a full bar, and serve both lunch and dinner.
About the Position
The Sous Chef will assist in managing the line and ensuring the flow of service is efficient and smooth. The Chef will have the opportunity to create and have input on new menu creations. A key responsibility will be mentoring, training and disciplining staff (line cooks, prep cooks, etc.)
- Monitor and ensure that standard kitchen operating procedures are met
- Manage all kitchen employees including training, mentoring, and disciplining
- Support and manage prep for service; ensure all prep items and recipes are made to standard
- Oversee the line during service while monitoring cooks’ progress and flow of service
- Oversee the flow of the kitchen and the flow of food to maintain service standards
- Working with the Executive Chef on menu creations and daily specials
- Assist in interviewing, selecting and onboarding all BOH hourly new hires
- Assist monitoring the receiving of all product to ensure it meets restaurant standards
- In partnership with the Executive Chef and CDC, develop new menu items and ensure proper execution and roll out of any new additions
- Schedule staff; Assist in payroll related responsibility
- Send daily service reports, reservations logs, and hr related processes such as trail paperwork, worker’s comp, and accident reports.
- Manage inventory and costs with the Executive Chef & CDC
- Support staffing needs for BOH open positions
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of related (high volume) experience required
- 3+ years of management experience required
- Experience with back of house administrative and managerial duties a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven ability in teaching and mentoring kitchen employees
- Exceptional communication and supervisory skills
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Asian, Noodles, New American
Casual Dining, Upscale Casual
Part of Momofuku Restaurants
Momofuku was founded by chef David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City. Credited with “the rise of contemporary Asian-American cuisine” by the New York Times and named the “most important restaurant in America” by Bon Appétit magazine, Momofuku has opened restaurants in the United States, Australia, and Canada. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
Founded by Chef David Chang, Momofuku Noodle Bar first opened in New York City’s East Village in 2004. Noodle Bar serves noodles, buns, and a rotating selection of dishes that change with the seasons. For the second location in New York City, Executive Chef Tony Kim developed a new menu to translate the DNA of the original Noodle Bar Uptown. Noodle Bar is located on the third floor of The Shops at Columbus Circle and opened in November of 2018. It features a full bar, and serves both lunch and dinner.