Located on the ground floor of Art Deco masterpiece 70 Pine Street, the dining room and bar occupy a series of rooms with floor to 16-foot-ceiling windows leading to an open kitchen.
The food at Crown Shy is rooted in European technique but draws inspiration from around the world, primarily the flavors from our childhoods, traveling, and the diverse cuisine in New York City.
Crown Shy has been awarded 1 Michelin star & 2 stars by the NYT and has been acknowledged as one of the most popular new restaurants in the city by multiple publications.
Unlike the traditional role of ‘Barback’- Bar Support staff are not just tasked with stocking, grabbing ice and replenishing glassware. While these are a part of your duties, you will also learn and be responsible for the production of necessary mise en place for the program- including the creation of infusions, batches and tinctures.
You must work with a warm, knowledgeable & noticeably appreciative demeanor. This is a position is designed for individuals that are eager to learn and grow professionally and is an integral part of Crown Shy’s success.
- Must have 2 years + experience in a fast paced cocktail-centric environment as a Bartender or BarBack
- Must be able to lift & a carry at least 50 pounds
- Must be comfortable with repetitive motions (such as shaking cocktails, bending & standing)
- Must have working knowledge of classic and modern cocktails
- Must have working knowledge of liquors: how they are made, brands, regional specifics
- Must be able to take constructive criticisms and work well in a team dynamic
- Be warm, knowledgeable and noticeably appreciative
- Accommodate guests by making each individual feel welcome
- Act professional and accommodating and always maintain composure
- Identify and report problems to management immediately
- Be aware of service flow, dining timing, and adjust for each guest’s individual needs
- Implement and follow steps of service
- Oversee activities of your team in the station
This position requires full time availability including days, nights & weekends.
Crown Shy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Crown Shy offers Paid Time Off and Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plans to its employees
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, European
Upscale Casual, Fine Dining
2 Employee RecommendationsSee Details
Part of J2K
In the heart of Manhattan’s Financial District is a beautiful art-deco building at 70 Pine Street. James Kent, from the Nomad and Eleven Madison Park, and partner Jeff Katz, of Del Posto, have teamed up to bring a beautiful 7,000 square foot restaurant to the ground floor of this stunning, landmarked building. Boasting 120 seats, two private dining rooms, and a 16 seat bar, the restaurant will have a state-of-the-art open kitchen that includes a Heston Suite as well as a commissary kitchen to support scheduled expansion to two other concepts in the building opening in 2019. The team includes more than 10 veterans of the industry, all of whom have worked directly with James or Jeff over the past 15 years.
Our menu approach isn’t based around a geographical region or a particular style of cooking, but rather the endless creative pursuit of delicious flavors, beautiful composition, and generosity. We will always strive for gracious, warm, and appreciative service, where attention to detail and anticipating guest's needs are priority number one. At the same time, we’re also here to enjoy ourselves and our work, and hopefully you are too. To us that means we'll likely be rocking Nike kicks while servicing food and throw-back hip-hop bumps in the background.
At the end of the day, we are committed to creating and cultivating restaurants where E V E R Y O N E is eager to return.
General Manager + Partner
Director of Food & Beverage
Director of Business Operations
Director of People + Operations
Executive Sous Chef
Pastry Sous Chef
Executive Chef + Partner