We offer competitive wages, career progression and professional development, health insurance and 401k with company match.
Peche Seafood Grill serves simply prepared coastal seafood with a unique, modern approach to old world cooking methods. Located in the Warehouse District, Peche features an open hearth and live-fire cooking over hardwood coals. The oyster bar showcases gulf seafood including oysters, crab meat, and fresh gulf fish.
We are currently looking for a Line Cook to join our team. Line Cooks are required to execute menu items and recipes as set forth by the Chef de Cuisine. They are responsible for operating the mechanics of the assigned station in accordance with the standards and expectations of Link Restaurant Group. They are also accountable for BOH cleanliness and organization.
- Be able to set up and work line stations at required level
- Complete daily station mis en place in a timely, efficient fashion
- Consistently execute menu items while following current restaurant recipes
- Be able to work in a professional manner with fellow BOH employees
- Operate, clean, and maintain all kitchen equipment
- Maintain a clean and organized station
- Assist in weekly deep cleaning of the BOH
- Be able to taste all food at any required moment before and during service
- Follow all proper food safety practices and kitchen safety practices
- Continue to improve upon existing skill set
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of one year of kitchen experience preferred but not required
- Basic knife skills
- Sanitation Knowledge
- Food safety knowledge
- Passionate about food and hospitality
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Link Restaurant Group reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of LRG or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.LRG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Health, dental, vision, 401k
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Link Restaurant Group
nspired by the cooking of South America, Spain, and the Gulf Coast, Chefs Donald Link, Stephen Stryjewski and Ryan Prewitt designed Pêche Seafood Grill. Focused on working with local fishermen and farmers who harvest sustainably, Pêche serves simply prepared contemporary dishes, rustic creations cooked on an open hearth, as well as fresh oysters and Gulf fish.
In 2014, Chef Ryan Prewitt was honored with a James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef: South. That same year Pêche won a James Beard award for Best New Restaurant in America. Pêche was also named one of the Top 10 Best Restaurants in New Orleans both in 2015 and 2016 by Brett Anderson, Times Picayune.