Make an impact as a Sommelier at Manhatta!
Manhatta is looking for enthusiastic and experienced sommeliers with a passion for hospitality who want to join our passionate & ambitious opening team! We are looking for someone with a love and excitement for wine and a desire to share that excitement with guests and your team.
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement suppor
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Passion for creating memorable moments of hospitality for our guests
- 1-2 years full-service restaurant experience in a sommelier or beverage director position
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- A strong work ethic and a hunger to learn and grow
- 1- 2 years fine dining restaurant experience in a Sommelier position
- Culinary and/or Wine Degree/Certification(s)
- Hospitality Degree/Certification
Other jobs you might be interested in
2 Employee RecommendationsSee Details
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
Perched sixty stories above Lower Manhattan, Manhatta is a new restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, combining sky-high views with the intimacy of a neighborhood spot.