We are looking for dishwashers to join our talented team of restaurant professionals. We are opening the first plant-based restaurant on the north shore of Chicago and we are gearing up to open this year. The job requires passion in hospitality, good organization skills, a teamwork mentality, and a desire to be part of a fast-paced environment.
We are a small approachable kitchen pursuing a new, creative approach to plant-based cuisine, where global technique and the availability of local, seasonal produce drive a compact seasonal menu. Our goal is to set a high-quality standard through consistent delivery of outstanding dining experiences.
Please email us your resume with a short introductory note and we'll look forward to meeting you! Do visit us online at www.spiritelephantrestaurant.com to learn more about our story.
- High school or equivalent education level.
- Stable work history.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the desire for self-development.
- Have the ability to work autonomously when required.
- Be a team player.
- Be dedicated to customer satisfaction and a great customer experience.
- Ability to work weekends
- Must be friendly and customer service-oriented
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must possess neat and clean hygiene
- Attention to detail and sanitation rules
- Food Handlers certification
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Responsible for organization, cleanliness, sanitation & maintenance of the dishes, dish area and related machinery per regulations of the Health Department and the standards of cleanliness put forth by the restaurant.
- Wash, sanitize and organize small wares, dishes, glasses, silverware and cooking supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness in the kitchen, dish service area and storage areas.
- Restock kitchen supplies; notify management when running low on inventory.
- Sanitize the kitchen area, including the floor.
- Sort and remove regularly trash. Clean garbage cans.
- Check washing machines’ operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues
- Ensure there are always enough clean dishes, glasses and utensils, especially during peak hours
- Store clean dishes, glasses and equipment appropriately
- Help unload deliveries and store supplies. Restock supplies throughout restaurant as needed.
- Assist with proper opening and closing of the restaurant. Perform related work as requested.
- Ability to perform objectives in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on quality.
- Communication with the Chef and/or Manager on Duty about all kitchen related issues.
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Handlers Certificate
Other jobs you might be interested in
Vegan / Vegetarian
Upscale Casual, Bar / Lounge
Spirit Elephant celebrates the spirit of all beings through the benefits of conscious eating. Our positive “spirit” promotes health, well-being, and the care of our planet and its inhabitants. The elephant is an herbivore that symbolizes gentle strength, wisdom, and community, a representation of the power we exert with our forks every day. We are an upscale casual restaurant offering an incredibly delicious culinary experience that will change minds about how amazing plant based food can be.