We are looking for line cooks to join our talented team of restaurant professionals. We are opening the first plant-based restaurant on the north shore of Chicago and we are gearing up to open this year. The job requires passion in hospitality, good organization skills, a teamwork mentality, and a desire to be part of a fast-paced environment.
We are a small approachable kitchen pursuing a new, creative approach to plant-based cuisine, where global technique and the availability of local, seasonal produce drive a compact seasonal menu. Our goal is to set a high-quality standard through consistent delivery of outstanding dining experiences.
Please email us your resume with a short introductory note and we'll look forward to meeting you! Do visit us online at www.spiritelephantrestaurant.com to learn more about our story.
- High school or equivalent education level.
- Stable work history.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the desire for self-development.
- Have the ability to work autonomously when required.
- Be a team player.
- Be dedicated to customer satisfaction and a great customer experience.
- Ability to work weekends
- Must be friendly and customer service-oriented
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must possess neat and clean hygiene
- Food Handlers
- Advanced Knife Handling
- Ticket management
- Enforcement of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Cooking menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- To work as directed on station of assignment under Sous Chef/ Head Chef.
- Set up station properly and on time for each service period.
- Make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by the Sous Chef/Head Chef.
- Make sure quality and quantity meets our standard.
- Notify Sous Chef/Head Chef of any problems or complaints as when they arise.
- Be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross training when directed.
- Be able to assist in preparation and advance preparation for service as instructed by the Sous Chef/Head Chef.
- Be able to come to any and all kitchen meetings whilst on shift.
- Follow “clean as you go” policy and keep work area clean at all times.
- Do not leave your section without doing the final check.
- Follow FIFO.
- Help in the cleaning of the kitchen after each service.
Advanced Knife Handling
Food Handlers Certificate
Up to 200 covers a night
Other jobs you might be interested in
Vegan / Vegetarian
Upscale Casual, Bar / Lounge
Spirit Elephant celebrates the spirit of all beings through the benefits of conscious eating. Our positive “spirit” promotes health, well-being, and the care of our planet and its inhabitants. The elephant is an herbivore that symbolizes gentle strength, wisdom, and community, a representation of the power we exert with our forks every day. We are an upscale casual restaurant offering an incredibly delicious culinary experience that will change minds about how amazing plant based food can be.