We are looking for Servers to join our talented team of restaurant professionals. We are opening the first plant-based restaurant on the north shore of Chicago and we are gearing up to open this year. The job requires passion in hospitality, good organization skills, a teamwork mentality, and a desire to be part of a fast-paced environment.
We are a small approachable kitchen pursuing a new, creative approach to plant-based cuisine, where global technique and the availability of local, seasonal produce drive a compact seasonal menu. Our goal is to set a high-quality standard through consistent delivery of outstanding dining experiences.
Please email us your resume with a short introductory note and we'll look forward to meeting you! Do visit us online at www.spiritelephantrestaurant.com to learn more about our story.
- High school or equivalent education level.
- Stable work history.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the desire for self-development.
- Have the ability to work autonomously when required.
- Be a team player.
- Be dedicated to customer satisfaction and a great customer experience.
- Ability to work weekends
- Must be friendly and customer service-oriented
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must possess neat and clean hygiene
- Basset Card
- Food Handlers
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Extensive Food, Beer, Wine, Liquor knowledge
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for hospitality
- Serves drinks and/or menu items to guests; upsell when taking orders.
- Monitor guest behavior and amount of alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
- Perform pre- and post-shift side-work. Stock service station. Fold and stack napkins.
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down stools, tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
- Required to work nights and weekends, as well as some holidays.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Vegan / Vegetarian
Upscale Casual, Bar / Lounge
Spirit Elephant celebrates the spirit of all beings through the benefits of conscious eating. Our positive “spirit” promotes health, well-being, and the care of our planet and its inhabitants. The elephant is an herbivore that symbolizes gentle strength, wisdom, and community, a representation of the power we exert with our forks every day. We are an upscale casual restaurant offering an incredibly delicious culinary experience that will change minds about how amazing plant based food can be.