Le District is looking for an experienced Sommelier.
Interested parties must be self-motivated, hard-working, highly organized, and, of course, personable. They must also have excellent communication skills and excel in team-oriented environments.
Knowledge of service standards, food, and wine preferred. NYC restaurant experience for at least 2 years is a must. Can multitask at one time. Have excellent communication and organization skills. May be required to lift up to 25-50 lbs. Must be able to stand for a long period of time. Available to work late nights, holidays and long days as necessary.
The Sommelier will support the Beverage Program in order to maintain high standards of quality and service while maximizing profits. The Sommelier will report directly to the Wine and Beverage Director and The General Manager of Restaurants and Bars.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work the floor during service with an emphasis on beverage sales.
- Up-sell at all possible opportunities
- Maintain a high-quality level of service regarding body language, eye contact and proper verbiage and enhance the guest experience throughout their dining experience
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all wine, beer, spirits, specialty cocktails, and all non-alcoholic beverages.
- Oversee maintenance/cleanliness of, wine stations and all storage areas pertaining to beverage
- Open & close as needed
- Oversee the flow of the floor and help management team with various managerial tasks
- Additional duties may be added as deemed necessary by the Wine and Beverage Director.
- Provide guest assistance, direction and information as requested
- Assist in all other aspects of service as needed to support team members
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage in order to service and up sell our product, including liquors and cocktails
- Attend and assist with all food and beverage training classes
- Attend daily pre-shift meetings
We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits after 90 days of employment for full time employees. If you are interested in joining the Le District team, please submit your resume. Attachments that cannot be opened will not be considered.
Le District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Other jobs you might be interested in
Markets, Food Truck / Stand
Part of HPH Hospitality Group
Le District is a covered market that includes a classic Brasserie, 28 seat Fine Dining, Charcuterie, Bakery, Patisserie, Butcher, Deli, Fish, etc... Located in the heart of the financial district of NY, it will soon become an icon of gastronomy in the New York scene, by the quality and variety of the products.