Tired Hands Brewing Company is looking for a qualified person to join our kitchen team as a Line Cook. Our Line Cook is responsible for accurately and efficiently preparing meats, fish, vegetables, etc., and other elements of the menu as well as prepare & portion food products prior to cooking. The Line Cook performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation, including plating and garnishing of cooked items, and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu items.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables & other food items for cooking ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to determined portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary dependent upon experience and relevant qualifications. Tired Hands offers employee benefits upon meeting eligibility requirements. Benefits may include paid time off, health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, employee discounts, meals, and more. Tired Hands Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
TO APPLY: You may download a PDF or Word version of our application at www.tiredhands.com/jobsatthbc/. Email a copy of your resume and completed application to the contact in the job description on our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!