Job Title: Prep/Line Cook
Location: Harlem, NY 10029
Hours: 30 – 40 hours per week, M – F
- Tiny Organics, creators of the first fresh, organic, fridge-to-table finger foods for babies, is looking for a prep/line cook to facilitate our food production process at our shared commercial kitchen space in Harlem. The prep/line cook will be preparing a variety of sophisticated and adventurous recipes all curated by our head chef. Position will be approximately five 8-hour shifts per week beginning as soon as possible, 4 month commitment with possibility to continue further.
- Follow standardized recipes from Head Chef to ensure products meet specification standards
- Thoroughly completing batch sheets for each recipe
- Assist in scale-up process of new recipes with Head Chef
- Preparation of foods, includes all cooking techniques such as roasting, broiling, braising, sautéing, and grilling
- Control timing of the food production flow process to avoid delays and lapses
- Comply with all safety and hygiene requirements
- Minimum of 2 years culinary experience in a high volume, high quality production kitchen or similar role
- Proficiency in all aspects of cooking
- Working knowledge and understanding of health/sanitation standards (HACCP knowledge preferred)
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the position including ability to lift, pull, push, carry up to 50 pounds/ stand for extended periods of time
- Food protection/handler’s certificate preferred but not required
- Availability to work between 30 - 40 hours per week, Mon - Fri, between 8AM and 8PM
Compensation based on experience.
Please send resume to [email protected]
Other jobs you might be interested in
Vegan / Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Organic
We at Tiny focus on your toddler’s personalized nutrition ensuring that they taste their first 100 flavors before the age of two to help build an adventurous eater for life. We're grounded in the science of food to give children the most nutritious start possible. We at Tiny believe that finger foods are a great way to build smart eaters for the future. It's all about creating a healthy relationship with food and reducing picky eating later in life!