The bright and airy space features a variety of custom furniture pieces, artworks, and mirrors nestled amongst the building’s original architectural features, including historic Corinthian columns, expansive ceilings, and classically inspired stonework. As Washington D.C. becomes even more revered for its burgeoning food and drink scene, Café Riggs brings something unexpected to the current offerings.
Who we’re looking for… a thoughtful and passionate Line Cooks who exemplify our culture of hospitality, entrepreneurial spirit, and excellence.
To be considered… you must thrive in a non-stop environment, be a natural leader, have an open mind and an exceptional sense of humor. You must love finding solutions and working collaboratively within a team and proactively find new ways to create positive outcomes.
The ability to be adaptable, calm under pressure, resourceful and efficient is in your DNA.
• Flawless daily food preparation and production during service
• Maintaining a clutter-free culture of cleanliness and organization
• Daily equipment detailing
• Upholding all health department standards
• Lead by example
• Collaborate and communicate with all departments to ensure seamless guest satisfaction.
• Maintain daily equipment detailing to ensure operations of the equipment
• Comply with all company policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
This position requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• FUN and welcoming personality is a must
• Strong work ethic
• At least 2 – 3 years of kitchen experience is highly preferred
• Excellent communication skill
• Able to work in a fast paced, team dynamic environment
• Flexible schedule is required to meet the needs of the business
Competitive Salary + Medical + Dental + Vision + 401K + Life Insurance + Discounted Hotel Rates + Growth Opportunities + Amazing Team
Other jobs you might be interested in
European, American, Mediterranean
Casual Dining, Bar / Lounge, Cafe
Riggs Washington DC sits on the iconic downtown corner of Penn Quarter’s 9th and F Street in a historic building once home to Riggs National Bank. Each of the Hotel’s 181 guest rooms offers a playful nod to the building’s legacy. Riggs is home to the all-occasion European brasserie-inspired restaurant Café Riggs, as well as Silver Lyan – a subterranean bar from the internationally acclaimed Ryan Chetiyawardana, also known as Mr Lyan.