The Food Runner reports to the General Manager, and will work as an integral part of the service team, dedicated to providing guests with the most impeccable, accurate, and courteous service possible and exceeding guest expectations by paying attention to guests' needs at all times. In addition to being part of an entire ILILI team dedicated to being the penultimate example of greatness in products and services on the property, the Food Runner is responsible for gracious customer service in order to help ILILI exceed customer satisfaction standards.Requirements
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Basic computer knowledge (Micros or other POS Systems)
- Previous food and beverage experience in a luxury hotel setting is an asset
- Must be of minimum age to serve alcohol according to state law
- Must be physically fit in order to lift trays of food or food items up to 50 pounds
- Must have a very flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Food handling certificate is an asset
- Knowledge of food and wine an asset
- Must stand for long periods of time.
- Must be effective at listening, understanding, clarifying, and resolving concerns, questions, and issues raised by guests
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Personal accountability
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Professional presentation
- A passion for the Hospitality/F&B Industry
- Professionalism and self-management
- Optimism - Creating Opportunities out of Challenges
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to quality
- Personal Integrity
- Poise under pressure
- The ability to thrive in a changing, fast-paced environment
- A passion for ongoing self-development/self-improvement (including the ability to accurately self-assess)
- A willingness to accepting and incorporate feedback
- The ability to adhere to established policies and procedures
- A strong willingness to contribute creative solutions for the betterment of the team
- Know the ingredients, preparation, and proper presentation of all menu items and specials and ensure that every product delivered to the guest adheres to the highest quality possible
- Remain observant and respond to each guest at all times
- Provide prompt, courteous and efficient food and beverage service, specifically bringing food to the guest in a timely, sanitary manner
- Know the layout of restaurant/hotel and location of all equipment and supplies
- Know all restaurants station breakdowns and table/seat numbers
- Maintain cleanliness and condition of the work areas and equipment
- Implement standards/procedures of service for guests consistently and impeccably as per Sequence of Service
- Assist as needed to maintain standards of appearance, sanitation and service in all areas of the restaurant
- Perform all assigned sidework regularly, promptly, and correctly
- Comply fully and consistently with all hotel and restaurant conditions of employment and standards of uniform, grooming, personal hygiene and safety
- Understand and utilize escalation procedures for guest complaints and other potentially negative situations
- Attend and report on time for all meetings and training sessions scheduled by management
- Other duties as required by the Management team for the successful operation of the restaurant
Other jobs you might be interested in
Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
The story of ilili is embedded in a rich heritage of Lebanese cuisine and hospitality, dating back over 100 years and covering three generations of the Massoud family. A story that begins inside the walls of Beirut’s most iconic hotel and finds its way to the bustling streets of NYC.
Executive Chef & Owner Philippe Massoud and brother/co-owner Alex grew up in Beirut’s Coral Beach Hotel, started by grandfather, Alexander and passed down to father, George. This was Lebanon’s Golden Age, and the Coral Beach was Beirut’s social and cultural hub. It was here that Philippe first developed an interest in food, studying under the hotel’s head chef, and learning the nuances of regional flavors and elevated hospitality.
Philippe and Alex were forced to flee the Lebanese civil war as young teens, leaving their country, family and friends behind to settle in the U.S.. Yet despite the distance, Philippe’s love for the food culture of his homeland grew only stronger, a yearning exacerbated by the poor quality of the Lebanese food on offer.
Soon a clear vision emerged – one where Lebanese food gained the recognition it deserved, and sat alongside the world’s great cuisines as a true equal.
Lebanese cuisine is a sensory experience; an invitation for people to join your table to celebrate. It is about bringing people together around a shared theme of love, celebration, generosity, and care. This is the essence of ilili.
Executive Chef & CEO