The Alinea Group seeks a Floor Manager with strong fine dining background to join our team in Chicago, Illinois. This full-time role requires humility, patience, self-motivation, and strong organizational skills.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage seating and welcome of guests for service.
- Assist in training Captains, Front/Back waiters, Food Runners, Service Porters and Hosts with precision and consistency.
- Participate in pre-service meeting to communicate expectations of the day’s service.
- Fill in for any FOH position when needed, including but not limited to: Front Waiter, Back Waiter, Service Porter, Runner, and Host.
- Learn and teach food and beverage menus to staff
- Write and proctor service and menu tests to hourly staff
- Audit all dining room areas and staff for compliance with health code
- Assist with staff scheduling and hour maintenance for payroll
- 5+ years in FOH role in addition to 1+ year as a Floor or Service Manager
- Knowledge of national and international restaurants/bars of similar award caliber, theme, and/or price point
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine, and/or food service
- Fluency in a foreign language
International candidates are welcome to apply!
The Alinea Group values diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age, veteran status, life experiences and ideas. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and strive to provide an inclusive culture that embraces diversity.
401k, Transit/CTA, PTO, Employee Dining Discount, Company Paid Medical Benefits